04/20/24 at 10:50:04 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Freq. Resp. for DB (Read 5142 times)
bayrat
Ex Member

Freq. Resp. for DB
02/21/08 at 02:32:24

I was going through the post here and found a link to Realm of Excursion. So that got my brain to moving around up there and started a mission. I have an old BSR EQ, the one with the spectrum analyzer in it, and an old mic. So I put 2 and 2 together and hooked it up with the mic. I realize this is a far cry from any real test as I have seen here on the forum but, what the hey. I played some pink noise the get an idea of the response on the DB212. What I got was a peak around 50 to 60 hz. As for the roll off, it seemed to be quite fast on the high side, not  real sure about the low side, my eq only has one more level at 31hz.  It did play it about 4 dbs down. I wished I had had the insight to do this when I was tuning the box. I also hooked up my DB10 to the same amp and output and it was very close in tuning but more than just little lower in volume. I am looking for input on tuning frequencys for the 2 boxes. I realize this is all rudimentry testing, but its all I got to go on for now. Now if it wasnt on the late side I would go out the garage and breakout the wedge. Maybe tomorrow night. Any input would be apreciated.

Bayrat

IP Logged
bayrat
Ex Member

Re: Freq. Resp. for DB
Reply #1 - 02/21/08 at 03:07:08

After further test at Realm of Excursion, I have found that although it peaks around the 50hz area, it performs rather well below that. You have to be careful with the volume though, when it gets close to the peak you better be turning something down. That, and its getting late around here.

Bayrat

IP Logged
Bart_West-VL.
Ex Member

Re: Freq. Resp. for DB
Reply #2 - 02/21/08 at 11:43:38

DB10 testing:
https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1186436463/24#21

Maybe you can read that whole thread, there are some nice discoveries in there.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print