04/25/24 at 16:23:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need Help With Lines (Read 4470 times)
dansmith207
Ex Member

Need Help With Lines
02/03/08 at 07:46:14

Hi im having problems with the road map of lines.  In step six on the WO plans(hopefully somebody has the plans in their head and doesn't have to look them up) my X is about an inch lower than it should be, i had this same problem on the other one i built.  Am I measuring something wrong, my box will be 28x36 when im done, does that have something to do with it not being right?  The first one i built hits hard and loud(135.6 in qualifing at db drag i played the stupid wrong track at comp so it might be a little louder but thats what i got so far), just want to make sure im not losing some performance from my error.  Any help would be greatly apperciated.

IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Re: Need Help With Lines
Reply #1 - 02/03/08 at 12:33:35

iirc the x crosses in the correct spot if the box is 36x36 inches.

I seem to remember doing one 36x32 and the x was very close, but still not in the spot marked by the plans.

I will take a look at the plans and make sure we are talking about the same x

Hope this one turns out as good or better than your first. This enclosure is actually very forgiving of little "errors". In fact, you can get a lot of good bass out of one with woofers that theoretically shouldn't even work in it. lol

Take care,
Robert

The graveyard is full of important men
musgofasa   IP Logged
dansmith207
Ex Member

Re: Need Help With Lines
Reply #2 - 02/06/08 at 17:00:25

Thanks for the help glad i didn't screw it up to bad then.  I guess this box is very forgiving after measuring out everything and then comparing it to my other one which i placed the boards on the wrong side of the lines(doh) it still sounds great, i can easily keep up with other systems running 15s and 2400 watts in a ported box with my 12s and about 300 watts going to them.  hopefully getting this new box made right it will work better Grin.  Thanks again

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print