03/28/24 at 10:56:45 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RL2's updates? (Read 21064 times)
used-hifi-larry
Ex Member

RL2's updates?
12/28/07 at 21:17:41

Hi curious if there ever was  updates for the old RL2 speakers.....maybe some tweeks or updated drivers etc..

Thanks Guys  ;D

Lawrence

IP Logged
used-hifi-larry
Ex Member

Re: RL2's updates?
Reply #1 - 01/03/08 at 01:17:59

well thank you for all the help  :-/

These are now for sale if anyone is interested please give me an email
they will go very reasonable, I also have a an original taboo with v-caps for
sale also....

Lawrence

IP Logged
MikeW
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/03/08 at 19:45:07

used-hifi-larry wrote on 12/28/07 at 21:17:41:
Hi curious if there ever was  updates for the old RL2 speakers.....maybe some tweeks or updated drivers etc..

Thanks Guys  ;D

Lawrence

You should contact Steve Deckert.....I am sure he has some ideas

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 01/03/08 at 20:40:36

If these are for sale, someone should consider them; I've had mine since they were launched and love them.

Larry, I have never really heard of any "tweaks" for the RL2. . . the design/factory "tweaks" for the RL2 are all in RL1.5s as far as I can tell!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
used-hifi-larry
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/05/08 at 03:46:37

They are for sale... they are priced to sell Shocked  if anyone is interested please give me an email....these will need to be picked up at my home no shipping ...........

I also have a taboo ampifier for sale far below new...

Lawrence

IP Logged
used-hifi-larry
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/15/08 at 19:02:41

Greetings well to start again i still have my radials and cannot find a proper sounding amplifier to drive them i had the taboo didnt sound good on the radials...

Anyways anyone using other amplifiers with your radials besides decware stuff I really did like the select with it but wont play loud enough for me 90sdb peaks etc..

Personally these speakers really need an amplifier without much damping as there is not much bottom end  with my amps that i have used

again i am looking to build a small system with these speakers and give the oral/mind a workout

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 08/17/08 at 02:35:52

I'm using the 5 watt Decware EL34 Monoblock amps.  There is just enough bass, especially using a CSP2.

When these amps were modified by Steve, I used my old Proton 50 watt "Power Envelope" amplifier with the RL2s and they worked quite well.  They didn't give that "holographic" soundstage or depth to the sound at least nowhere near that of the Decware amps.  I have also briefly used them with an B&O receiver, 85 watts, a very rich and dark sounding amp, with perhaps really nice tonal balance, but a very solid state sound with fuzzier imaging and shallower depth than the Proton amp.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
used-hifi-larry
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/17/08 at 20:55:13

Hey Lon, thanks for update I will look into other amplifiers..

I have finally decided to do some real room treatment i have a new house and a large room 15'X25 or there abouts....

so whats new Lon?

Lawrence

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 08/18/08 at 01:20:56

Oh I'm finally having a good phase in my life Larry.  I've gotten past the major grieving over the loss of my wife in October.  One of my oldest friends has seemingly miraculously become my new girlfriend and I'm in one of the most comfortable and passionate relationships of my life.  I retired in May and I'm just chilling.  I'm enjoying a new NAD T-855 universal player, which I bought after initially being somewhat disappointed with the ZCD I bought in June/July.  (I'll be putting that back in the system again soon.)

Hope all is well with you. Smiley

IP Logged
used-hifi-larry
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 08/18/08 at 18:01:54

OMG Lon very sorry to hear of your loss my condolence's

the game of Life can play cruel sometimes we just have to be strong and  get through it, make new friends find new loved ones...

again my condolence's

take care Lon

Lawrence

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 08/18/08 at 19:59:56

Thanks Larry.  Yes, I haven't been too outspoken about losing Helen in October. It was awful, but in fact it was not as awful as I could imagine because we had so long to prepare for any possibility, we talked out so many things (including my finding someone else quickly, her wish for me) and we were never in doubt of how we felt about each other, and were always demonstrative of it.

I hope no one else has to go through that, an unrealistic hope, I mean it's unrealistic of me to not expect to go through it again!  I can see one thing with certainty:  it's an ultimate learning experience, and you find yourself capable of emotion and action you never imagined!

IP Logged
Dirty_Dawg
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08/21/08 at 03:57:50

What an incredible set of posts, Lon.

I've been out of touch quite a bit of late (my life has changed as well, but not in the same ways) but I had not heard about Helen. My naivete lead me to think that all was well with your wife, since you had not mentioned her lately.
You have my empathy, my friend.
I once lost a loved one, myself, a woman I was making plans to marry. We did not have the years behind us as you two had, but it was still tough. She died from a flu I brought back from one of trips into Mexico. I was sick when I got home and she got sick right away. We were both hospitalized. I got better, but she didn't make it through.
I was completely baffled that something like that could happen to a healthy young person, but sometimes it does.

I am glad that you have found some companionship. I could not be any happier with my present wife of sixteen years, now. Life is good.

... and HEY! Congratulations on your retirement. Keep chilling, pal and DO post a bit more about the Nad.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #12 - 08/21/08 at 14:45:07

Thanks.  That's horrible about that flu and the result!

I feel funny posting about the NAD. . . here.  ;)  It's a great machine though, and a steal at its present audioadvisor clearance price.

IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #13 - 08/21/08 at 18:28:28

Lon,

I noticed you had been kinda quiet for a while, but I had no idea about your wife. I am so sorry to hear that. Glad to know you are doing well and that you prepared yourself for this. I can relate much like the above post, albeit I was very young when it happened to me.

I just noticed the fat Boy in your avatar and signature. Perhaps I will put my bike in for that thing too! lol

Where do you live, maybe we should get together for a ride one day.

Take care,
Robert

The graveyard is full of important men
musgofasa   IP Logged
Dirty_Dawg
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 08/21/08 at 19:37:06

Lon wrote on 08/21/08 at 14:45:07:
Thanks.  That's horrible about that flu and the result!

I feel funny posting about the NAD. . . here.  ;)  It's a great machine though, and a steal at its present audioadvisor clearance price.

Sure, I can understand that, but I was thinking of the other forum, Audiophile Talk.

Either way, just curious and no pressure was intended.

You are always careful to limit the context when you offer your opinions. In my view that makes yours seem to support a little more weight, but in keeping with contexts, that's just my opinion.
Wink

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #15 - 08/21/08 at 19:43:36

Robert,

The Fat Bob (it's a Fat Bob in the Dyna series, not the Softail series Fat Boy, which is also a killer bike) is pretty nice. . . was a big seller and hard to get last year, I got lucky and got one that someone's financing fell through on.  

If I'd been thinking more clearly I might have gone for a Road King, but I'm pretty happy with it, though I'm not riding that much.  I'm living in Austin, TX.

We probably shouldn't be hijacking this Radial thread! Wink

DD, I'm really not that much a fan of the Audiotalk site. . . sorry to say!
Don't post there much, or visit much really.  (I'm offline a lot less overall these days and happier for it, reading a lot more books.)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print