Send Topic Print
40 YEARS OF THOUGHT (Read 14457 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

40 YEARS OF THOUGHT
12/12/07 at 01:39:49

OK, OK,  TRY TO BE CALM! I HAVE ARRIVED........I WILL ATTEMPT TO ANSWER AUDIO QUESTIONS/COMMENTS FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE THAT THAT HAS ACCUMULATED IN MY  'AUDIO-LIFE EXPERIENCE'. (UNFORTUNATELY, SOME OF THAT KNOWLEDGE BEEN OVERGROWN WITH BACTERIA).  BUT TODAY THE TRUTH IS, I HAVE AS MANY QUESTIONS AS COMMMENTS FOR THE STARVING AUDIO BREED.
 YAH, I'M NEW HERE, SO I HAVE  A FEW QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION OF RECENT SPEAKER PROJECTS (HDT, AND WO32). NUMBER ONE QUESTION: WHY COULDN'T I BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, AND ACCEPT THE BOSE 901 SERIES SPEAKERS AND BE DONE WITH IT?  NUMBER TWO, WHAT WRONG WITH THE 'UNMENTIONABLE TWEEK' (A 6 PACK OF GOOD BEER), AND IGNORE THE REST? AND THREE, IF ALL ELECTRONS ARE JOINING HANDS, AND MAKING DECENT SOUND, WHICH ONE OF THOSE S.O.B.'S HAS PICKED HIS NOSE JUST BEFORE THE 'HANDSHAKE'?
 ENOUGH FOR NOW,    GOOD LUCK AND GOODNIGHT...........4KROW

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Adrian
Ex Member

Re: 40 YEARS OF THOUGHT
Reply #1 - 12/12/07 at 08:55:16

I have a question for you

Why are you using caps ?

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #2 - 12/12/07 at 11:43:33

ah yes, the 'caps' question. not to try and make a 'statement, but mostly because when i cant find my glasses, i am pretty close to blind. it has been that way all my life, using my ears more than most people 'cuz of my limited sight.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/12/07 at 20:44:08

4krow wrote on 12/12/07 at 11:43:33:
ah yes, the 'caps' question. not to try and make a 'statement, but mostly because when i cant find my glasses, i am pretty close to blind. it has been that way all my life, using my ears more than most people 'cuz of my limited sight.

your so smart you can design amazing audio equipment but cant find your own eyewear?

tie some 'string' around your neck and attach the glasses to it= one more problem solved

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #4 - 12/12/07 at 22:42:59

he he he....good, at last, a sense of humor, possibly as deranged as mine(maybe). heh heh, ok, so i got a rise out of a few people, and well deserved at that... truth is, i am very impressed at the forum topics on this site, and can only wish there were options like this when i was much more active in audio. but man, the fun has begun again with these speaker designs from steve d.
 the more i browse the forums, the more want to see. just like the fella that built 4 c-horns at one time. you could see that this guy had some experiance with wood. and the results looked quite professional to me. i look forward to meeting you guys here and learning from people who have the same spark of intrest as i do.

cheers, greg

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/13/07 at 01:44:38

4krow wrote on 12/12/07 at 22:42:59:
 he he he....good, at last, a sense of humor, possibly as deranged as mine(maybe). heh heh, ok, so i got a rise out of a few people, and well deserved at that... truth is, i am very impressed at the forum topics on this site, and can only wish there were options like this when i was much more active in audio. but man, the fun has begun again with these speaker designs from steve d.
 the more i browse the forums, the more want to see. just like the fella that built 4 c-horns at one time. you could see that this guy had some experiance with wood. and the results looked quite professional to me. i look forward to meeting you guys here and learning from people who have the same spark of intrest as i do.

cheers, greg

no caps?

strings working Wink

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #6 - 12/13/07 at 03:57:18

yee strings aworking 'round me neck. thee contact eye-glass as inn rder, ay'

IP Logged
rmt
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/19/07 at 03:56:56

Not sure I can sleep tonite with those 40 years of ponderous questions buzzing in my head.  :P  I will suggest that you try the 6 pack beer tweak anyway.  I am currently drinking a bottle of wine tweak.   Smiley

Select, CSP2 upgrade, Dec 685, DSRii, Nibbelin NFX w/DFR-8s, SE34.I, Zbox
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #8 - 12/20/07 at 17:35:17

he he he, ok you guys have proven yourselves to be able to take life with a dose of humor. well done, i would say. i was never really worried....
 i did notice a fine looking nfx in your reply. any experience regarding a comparison with the hdts'? i have built a pair of hdt spkrs. and now want to build the nfx to compare  between the two. steve d. and i both agree that it might be just as well to own both, depending on your mood......your thoughts...

IP Logged
rmt
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 12/21/07 at 02:50:18

4krow wrote on 12/20/07 at 17:35:17:
 i did notice a fine looking nfx in your reply. any experience regarding a comparison with the hdts'? i have built a pair of hdt spkrs. and now want to build the nfx to compare  between the two

Thanks for noticing the NfX.  I have not heard a pair of HDTs.  The NFX speakers are very lively, clear, open, loud.  Other speakers I hear now sound like the driver is stuck in mud.  While a fine speaker you will not get big punch in the bass.  I would use the DFR-8 driver again but I would try it in Steve D's new open baffle.

Select, CSP2 upgrade, Dec 685, DSRii, Nibbelin NFX w/DFR-8s, SE34.I, Zbox
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print