03/28/24 at 10:11:49 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Part F, picture (Read 18271 times)
jonasmj
Ex Member

Part F, picture
10/26/07 at 18:19:52

I'm in the final stages of my WO32 and have left part F for the last... Only because I don't understand how it should look. If anyone could post a picture I would be happy. Or point me to a place that hosts such a picture. (I have googled for it without luck) Thanks!

IP Logged
Gexter
Ex Member

Re: Part F, picture
Reply #1 - 10/27/07 at 20:39:10

Starting to spend too much time here again but I thought I would chime in.
I have no picture however if I remember is that the little piece on the side between the outside and the inside sealed area?
Just make a simple wedge and soften the edges if you like. To be honest I do not think it will make a bit of difference but I rounded the edges or rather created a soft V or sorts anyway.
Its a matter of workmanship and following directions. I like to make the first one exact and then play from there.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #2 - 10/27/07 at 22:17:15

jonasmj,

Imagine  the cross section of an airplane wing, that is the shape, the cut to make the cross section, is cut to the same angle of the two parts it fits between. Once you have it cut, just slide it into place with a bit of glue on both sides and wedge it in tightly, it will dry there on its own....self clamping so to speak. Its a very important part, none the less.

BobZ

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Gexter
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/28/07 at 06:25:51

To clarify I was not meaning that the brace is not important because it is. I was referring to the the airplane wing effect of the wedge. It was the edge that I doubt would make much of a difference. Taking in account volume and velocity the effect would be minimal. It would take a incredible amount of speed and volume to make a measurable change with a 3/4 chunk of wood.

I would not build it without the wedge. My 6" WO32 even had a wedge. My 12" WO32 experiment had two and needed them,  Mine was angled on both sides top and bottom if you will. equally as Bob says.

Its a wonderful sub and should be built exactly like Steve says to prevent disappointment.

PS Listen to BobZ he has built more of those things I could in twenty lifetimes and done a better job.
My opinion is my own.

IP Logged
SPARKY
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/30/07 at 04:28:35

This is the link to my build.  There are a bunch of pictures and it may help.  
https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1164081127
Good luck!
It is a great speaker cab!
Sparky out>

IP Logged
jonasmj
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/02/07 at 22:08:22

Good descriptions but I would still like a more definite picture. Yours, SPARKY showed the piece but I still don't really see in what way the part should be fitted? Is the pointy side of the part facing the narrower part of the space it sits in? Is it put at the top of the cabinet, touching the lid or is it put further down in the box?

IP Logged
Gexter
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/03/07 at 04:41:13

Place it in the middle and the pointy part faces the driver.
thats they way I thought it was to be done anyway. the air really moves both ways but I just imagined it flowing from the driver and was lowering the resistance of the air flow.

IP Logged
jonasmj
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/06/07 at 06:21:59

In the middle of what?

IP Logged
SPARKY
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/10/07 at 00:10:53

Jonasmj,
That little wedge goes where the drivers fire into the narrow section of the horn.  It sits half way between the back board and the open end (what your are seeing in the pictures (Sparky).  I would have to look at the drawing as to which direction the pointy end points but my thought would be that it points up toward the narrow  end of the horn, closest to the driver  .  Something I remember from someone elses post when I was trying to figure things out was that the box created some high volume air movement and part F was supposed to help to keep it straight in the narrow section of the horn.  Ok, I just looked at the plans again:  If you are looking at the box sitting on what would be the back side then you will see a big "W".  Moving from Left to Right; you have the side wall and then a narrow section followed by the speaker baffle board (Part "A").  That little wedge (Part "F") goes right in between there.  Shape that wedge, coat both top and bottom w/ some Elmer's and place into the center of the wedge with the pointy endy up.  "where it goes" is basically where it stops moving since there will be some (+/_)tolerance between the right and left sections of your box.  
Hope that helps out.
good luck.
Sparky out>

IP Logged
jonasmj
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 11/11/07 at 21:11:13

Hmm, how important is that part anyway?
None of the pictures in https://www.decware.com/newsite/mainmenu.htm?/newsite/wo32.htm&intro shows it.

Tried the sub today - without part F and what BIG difference it will make I don't know. I will make part F once soon enough....

IP Logged
roland
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 11/29/07 at 03:51:12

[img]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1030/dsc0019ho2.th.jpg" alt="" title="" border="0" />[/img]

The part F. Made it a bit longer than suggested hence it is flipped. This does not come in the way of the cone movement and reduces the taper angle while increasing the bracing length.

IP Logged
jonasmj
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 11/30/07 at 15:59:22

Nice pictures
Could someone else confirm this design?

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 11/30/07 at 17:43:18

jonasmj wrote on 11/30/07 at 15:59:22:
Nice pictures
Could someone else confirm this design?

the 'f' piece stops any panel flex, the above pics look good to me, exact shape is not so important , what is important is that it stops any flex.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print