03/28/24 at 20:40:37 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WO build PICS! (Read 10806 times)
speakerfreak7
Ex Member

WO build PICS!
07/04/07 at 02:09:38

Well here are some pics of the WO 36x 24 i built. i'm waiting on an amp so i haven't heard it yet. right now it has 2 mtx subs in it.

fresh piece of mdf.

so many lines.

all the pieces cut.

gotta have my monsters to keep me up at 4 in the morning!

what do u think of the black and white idea?

2 mtx subs

my little workshop. (heaven)

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Re: WO build PICS!
Reply #1 - 07/04/07 at 16:28:27

very nice build.....i see a wedge?

IP Logged
Blotch
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/04/07 at 19:26:07

sweet.....angles look alot better than mine did - LOL

IP Logged
speakerfreak7
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/04/07 at 20:28:02

thanks. yea that is an inverted wedge for 12s. i haven't got to test it out yet. and the black box in the right with a shirt over it is a DB 10.

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/04/07 at 21:23:38

speakerfreak7 wrote on 07/04/07 at 20:28:02:
thanks. yea that is an inverted wedge for 12s. i haven't got to test it out yet. and the black box in the right with a shirt over it is a DB 10.

havent tested the wedge but building another sub?

freaky.......... Cool

IP Logged
speakerfreak7
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/08/07 at 01:18:24

yea for some reason i like to build more boxes than and forget i don't have the subs to put in them! when i have free time it's time to build boxes. ordered my plans for the wo32 so that will be next! and i did order subs for that one.

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/08/07 at 15:59:06

speakerfreak7 wrote on 07/08/07 at 01:18:24:
yea for some reason i like to build more boxes than and forget i don't have the subs to put in them! when i have free time it's time to build boxes. ordered my plans for the wo32 so that will be next! and i did order subs for that one.

freaky.........

IP Logged
Gexter
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/08/07 at 16:32:58

speakerfreak7 wrote on 07/08/07 at 01:18:24:

I readly admit that I did the same when I have access to plans, I tend to have a surplus of woods that I can build boxes with ( old construction scraps ). of course I do not have the drivers so I build the boxes and wait for the drivers to show up sometime in my search for stuff. Or I just switch the drivers I have around. with the DB I used and the HWK and the WO I used the same 8's. I used the 5" and 12" in mutiple enclosures.
I found that even if I tried to give the enclosure away it was too much of a pain to find someone to take it away so I started dismantling or just throwing then away after I studied and played with the design.
Hard to find one person in a town of nearly 100,000 interested in good box construction and the Car audio shops have their heads up their butts and think they know it all. most of them I talk to think Steves designs are too stupid or big to bother building.

they have never failed me or the people I have build them for as a gift.
Gex

IP Logged
speakerfreak7
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/08/07 at 21:32:20

yea no kiddiing about car audio installers thikin their the sh*$!!!!! they're so cocky. i went to this car shop and asked ifi could just watch the installer for one day to see if i would like to do that for a living, i would just stand in the corner and watch. and he said no and he wanted me to pay him $5000 to come in and  watch!!!!!!!! WTF! man i was pissed. he thought i was gonna come and steal his secrets and tricks. and then i was showing him some of the boxes that i had built from decware on their site and he was dissing them like crazy. saying "oh those designs are so old, and if u really wanted to make it good u would do this and this!!!" He was like has this Steve guy set any world spl records b4 like me?!!! and i was like well actually i thik he has with the WO! he was like psshh yea right!  MAN WAS I MAD!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print