Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 23:04:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HELP HW to 16Hz?? (Read 8128 times)
asiquis

HELP HW to 16Hz??
06/13/07 at 01:21:54

Does anyone know if I can build a HW that would go with some authority to 16Hz (the lowest note generated on our digital pipe organ). The venue is a 30X50 ft church with 30 ft high peaked ceiling.  Dry wall up 10 feet then open to the peak with large wooden cross braces. What driver/drivers might I use and what amplification.

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Re: HELP HW to 16Hz??
Reply #1 - 06/13/07 at 01:48:06

I am pretty much guessing but I would start with HWK18. Next two MACH 5 AUDIO IXL-18.4 might be a good step. The HWK15 will go that low but prolly not as easy as the big HWK18. I would put aside some money to replace what you might damage in the church after the first sound check. Just my opinion hope it helps.

Best of Luck!
HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
stvcmty
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/14/07 at 16:38:09

Put one driver in the HW18.  Put it in the bottom chamber so the magnet is in the bottom chamber.  That will give you the lowest tuning on the top chamber (which will extend into the middle chamber).  The top chamber with the single huge port is where the deep bass comes from.

Stv

IP Logged
Gexter
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/15/07 at 05:54:13

stvcmty wrote on 06/14/07 at 16:38:09:
Put one driver in the HW18.  Put it in the bottom chamber so the magnet is in the bottom chamber.  That will give you the lowest tuning on the top chamber (which will extend into the middle chamber).  The top chamber with the single huge port is where the deep bass comes from.

Stv

Good advice

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/15/07 at 14:02:18

stvcmty wrote on 06/14/07 at 16:38:09:

Stv

i was told the deep bass comes from the bottom of the hwk?

IP Logged
Gexter
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/16/07 at 01:03:30

Ok
60 may be right actually. I just cannot remember where to look to find the info.
The point is using one single driver with lots of volume. better to build two HWK with single drivers in my book if you can.
How hard is it to switch it around anyway? not that hard.
I used lids that came off on the bottom and top and sealed it with gorilla tape to play with driver placement until I found the right sound. and getting the big top port to stop chuffing was challenging.
the tape will pull MDF off so beware.
this forum has taken two really hard hits on losing information since I have been here and the only way is to read it all, and even then its likely gone into cyberspace. ( yes I know its a continues rant)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print