Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 16:45:58 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Have I mentioned that I like the CSP2 ..... ? (Read 4711 times)
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Have I mentioned that I like the CSP2 ..... ?
05/23/07 at 13:45:00

After living with the CSP2 for a while now, it just continues to get better .....  8-)

Over the past few weeks, I have been revisiting many of the CDs in my collection and find many of the ones that were previously "marginal" to be quite enjoyable.  The CSP2 adds focus and body to the lead vocals of many disks that are a little weak without it.

Another nice feature is the ability to use the trim pots to balance the channels.  When you dial them in and everything is just right, the 3 dimensionality of the lead vocals is absolutely jaw dropping .....  :o

Since there can be noticeable variations in the output of tubes, this is a very valuable tool.

Enjoy,

Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii 15 Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Have I mentioned that I like the CSP2 ..... ?
Reply #1 - 05/28/07 at 16:17:56

I think you've mentioned that before. . . Smiley

I agree, it's a great machine.  I haven't heard anything that is "newly" jawdropping, my jaw was dropping before, but it has helped me tonal balance wise and I love having two inputs to utilize with ease.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print