Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DB212 question (Read 6503 times)
Greatkiller
Ex Member

DB212 question
04/26/07 at 07:44:55

Hi,
  Im currently building the DB12 for my ranger. Questions is I have 2 Kicker Compvrs 12" powered by the audiobahn a8000v which does 800 RMS in 2 OHMs to subs. Subs are each 400 RMS. Now I want to know if they will sound better clamshelled? or if it will be better to just have one in the DB?  Also how much polyfill should I place in sealed area? alot or just some? As far as a truck goes anyone have experience in using this box in a ranger and how easy is it to tune?

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Re: DB212 question
Reply #1 - 04/26/07 at 15:40:39

clamshell improves sound quality and powrer handling.

do it.

use finished box for 4 weeks lightly stuffed with polyfill, then remove polyfill and see if you can hear the difference  :-?.

tuneng is easy, set the internal box about 2 inches from the bottom and listen to a few songs, then move the internal box back 2 inches and listen to the same few songs, then move internal box forward 5 inches (almost to the end but 1 inch) same songs.

then fix it in the position you enjoyed the music most at.

there wont be a big difference in the tuneing, but if you listen carefully you will hear a subtle and worthwhile one. Wink

a little like a sports car, its fast no matter what, but after a 'tune' -up its performance is just a little better.

IP Logged
Greatkiller
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/27/07 at 04:45:40

Thanks for reply. Im almost done with insert. Im just wondering about panel G. Does it go behind panel F or after panel  F? Reason is because Im curious how big port is supposed to be. Also, do I seal the insert with silicone when sealing everything after tuning? For example the K panel D panel and what not?

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/27/07 at 05:27:56

Greatkiller wrote on 04/27/07 at 04:45:40:
Thanks for reply. Im almost done with insert. Im just wondering about panel G. Does it go behind panel F or after panel  F? Reason is because Im curious how big port is supposed to be. Also, do I seal the insert with silicone when sealing everything after tuning? For example the K panel D panel and what not?

its been a while since i built mine so i dont remeber exact pannels, i just keep reading the plans until i understand them.

eventually they make sense.

and when you have decided where you want the insert,

seal everything you can with silicone, or caulk or soething, the better you seal it, the better the sound will be,

any air escapeing can cause problems. (rattling squeaking chuffing sounds)

seal everything you can get to.

IP Logged
Greatkiller
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/27/07 at 07:56:21

well I see the pics and I see it under so I hope its right Smiley Thanks for the help. Ill show some pics.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print