04/19/24 at 14:16:21 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HDT's at Low Volume (Read 5491 times)
Craig
Ex Member

HDT's at Low Volume
04/22/07 at 06:36:51

These are simply incredible. 12:30 AM and I’m listening to Mark Knopfler “Sailing to Philadelphia”. They don’t seem to give up anything at low volumes and I’m , in fact, hearing things that I have never heard during the day, at any volume. To bastardize these things with a super tweeter or sub woofer would most certainly be a crime. They say that they require a proper room, and my kingdom for one, but take away the ambient noise and they will absolutely kill in the worst of rooms at low volumes. I was going to go for the Radials, and this is being written without having ever heard them, but this whole pin point thing is more than proving itself. I hope that Steve is as proud of this design as he is of the Zen. He should be as they are just as special.

I just got the call that my SE34I.2 has shipped. Never so happy to be made to wait, and had it arrived with the HDT’s I may have been overwhelmed. Now I’ll actually be able to hear it. When I swap out my Almarro, and a tough act to follow, I will truly be able to evaluate it. If it sucks I will surely know. I ordered this combination based on a single post by Steve, and he seemed genuinely excited about it, and not so much a marketing ploy. He said that the two had an unexplainable synergy, and I am about to find out.

IP Logged
ny10522
Ex Member

Re: HDT's at Low Volume
Reply #1 - 04/24/07 at 01:45:46

Craig, the Radial 3s are also superb at at low volume. I often listen between 3 am and 5 am when insomnia hits.  I've also listened in the wee hours to Magnapans and Martin Logans. The Radials, so far, are the low volume champs!

IP Logged
msa
Ex Member

Re: HDT's at Low Volume
Reply #2 - 04/24/07 at 13:30:40

Don't sell the subwoofer and supertweeter short. They really do add a bit of necessary "extras".

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print