04/19/24 at 23:26:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WO for pro sound??? (Read 5397 times)
kevynknevik
Ex Member

WO for pro sound???
04/10/07 at 19:19:45

Has anyone ever tried to put 4 10's in a WO 2 face to face on each side?  or is it not a good idea...

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Re: WO for pro sound???
Reply #1 - 04/10/07 at 20:56:30

kevynknevik wrote on 04/10/07 at 19:19:45:
Has anyone ever tried to put 4 10's in a WO 2 face to face on each side?  or is it not a good idea...

what do you want to acheive?

IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #2 - 04/11/07 at 00:04:46

There is a Pro Audio UK forum ( can't recall the URL atm) where a guy did exactly that. In fact I believe he ended up building 4 of these for his mobile rig and he loved it. He said it would throw lots of bass out in open space and sounded awesome. I have only heard one WO with 4 woofers and it sounded good. I think it had old Kicker subs in it.
Take care,
Robert

The graveyard is full of important men
musgofasa   IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #3 - 04/11/07 at 19:49:46

I have tried four 10"s before and the results was not too bad. The only problem was I used el-cheapo 10"s. I then switched to two 10" Dayton HOs and have been happy every since. The choice in speakers makes all the difference. I would proably go with two high grade 10"s first and then if your not satisfied you could try four. You might haft to angle the baffle if you decide to use high X-max 10"s. The HOs would not fit in the ported side of the enclosure and of course I glued my baffles. "STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES".

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print