Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 13:28:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mach5Audio IXL-18.4 in a 18-HWK (Read 6321 times)
Ekimoo
Ex Member

Mach5Audio IXL-18.4 in a 18-HWK
03/31/07 at 03:59:27

Hi everyone,
I'm in the process up upgrading the subs in my home theater. I was thinking of 2 huge ported boxes and then I remembered the House Wrecker. I would be using 2 subs from Mach5Audio called the IXL-18.4. The requirements for the HWK states " a subwoofer with an fs around 20 Hz, and a Qts less than .38 and a minimum VAS of 10 cubic feet" The IXL-18.4 has a fs of 15.4, a Qts of 0.36 and a VAS of 19.6 cubic feet. Full specs for the driver can be found here. It's a preorder sub with 22mm xmax and an awesome price.
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7815
Would this sub work well in a House Wrecker? Thanks for any help.

IP Logged
Adrian
Ex Member

Re: Mach5Audio IXL-18.4 in a 18-HWK
Reply #1 - 03/31/07 at 04:54:08

LLT would perform better for movies.

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #2 - 03/31/07 at 11:56:35

WHAT UP EKIMOO.

I would be very temped to try that combo. I think the specs look excellent and with that kind of X-max it should be able to play LOOOOOWWW and LOOUUUDDD if needed. The HWK is a forgiven design that can be adapted to most any speaker set up. As for MACH5AUDIO, I have two of the MAW10s and was blowed away by there build and quality. I am postive you want go wrong with MACH5 subwoofer. I also think ported boxes would work good but the size of each enclosure would take up as much space if not more than the HWK18. I SAY BUILD HWK18 AND BOOM!

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #3 - 03/31/07 at 16:05:46

I agree,
The specs show that the HWK with 2 of these will move cement walls. I really like the theory behind the LLT and the added low freqs might be attractive, but considering room gain and footprint, you could do 2 HWKs in the same amount of space and I am betting you won't miss the 3-4 hz difference in extreme bottom. This would likely be much louder and move more air and also sound better with music as opposed to the 12 or so hz of a huge ported box.

I would love to hear what you think of the HWK with these subs.

Keep us posted.

Robert

The graveyard is full of important men
musgofasa   IP Logged
Ekimoo
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/01/07 at 02:41:02

Thanks for the replies. Can someone tell me how big the cabinet is on a HWK-18?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print