Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Building HDT Speaker (Read 6790 times)
sbmarr
Ex Member

Building HDT Speaker
03/28/07 at 17:54:12

Hi fellow members of HDT forum,

I am in the middle of building my first pair of HDT speakers and are at the stage of glueing the centre panels in place. Is there a special way of doing this so that as you slide the panels into place the glue doesn't get pushed out of the Dado or the sides?
Any suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks

Stephen

IP Logged
Falconer
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Building HDT Speaker
Reply #1 - 03/28/07 at 22:29:38

Hi Stephen,
What I did was not make the joint fit tight. I left just a small amount of play for the panels to fit in the corners, then I used polyurethane glue. I applied the glue in the corners and dampened the panels lightly with water and pushed them in place. Do the main panel first and the two smaller panels last. The glue will fill in any gaps to make a nice tight fit.

HDT Alt Tuning, ZMC1, ZDSD, ZSB, REL Subwoofer, Audio Electronic AE-3 Preamp, Audio Electronic PH-1 Phono Preamp, Audio Electronic SE-811 Amp, (2)Otari MX-5050Bii-2, Otari MTR-10, (2)Otari MTR-12, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Krystal MC cartridge
  IP Logged
sbmarr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/18/07 at 18:02:52

Hi Falconer, thanks for your suggestions about glueing the centre panels, which I tryed and it worked well. Cabinets are ready to have speakers fitted. Thanks

Stephen

IP Logged
Falconer
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 05/18/07 at 20:42:07

That's good to hear. You're getting close to having the speakers finished. Get pictures posted for everybody.

HDT Alt Tuning, ZMC1, ZDSD, ZSB, REL Subwoofer, Audio Electronic AE-3 Preamp, Audio Electronic PH-1 Phono Preamp, Audio Electronic SE-811 Amp, (2)Otari MX-5050Bii-2, Otari MTR-10, (2)Otari MTR-12, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Krystal MC cartridge
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print