Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
imperial (Read 6190 times)
horn150
Ex Member

imperial
02/28/07 at 17:53:19

hello

I am interested in the imperial but would like to get some impressions from people who have built a pair

I intend to build them for domestic stereo use

can they really be used full range with one of the  decware amps, I mean 20-20,000  hz with 1 or 2 woofers plus a horn on top?????

my room is over 100 square metres

todfay I use a pair of electrovoice patrician2

thanks for your help

IP Logged
Valiant

Re: imperial
Reply #1 - 03/01/07 at 14:09:56

Howdy Horn150,
Impressions...when I think of the Imperials, (which are now no longer in my possesion but in Perth and so I'm bereft of their soothing tones), words from the old bard himself spring to mind from Henry V...
                And gentlemen in England, now a-bed,
                Shall think themselves accurs'd, they were not here,
                And hold their manhoods cheap, while any speaks.
                That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
That's how I feel whenever I listen to my own fairly capable stereo, or indeed any other piece of HiFi gear. They sounded great, but that all ended when I heard the Imperials speak for the first time.

Delve into this forum, perhaps start with the 'Hell, those aren't big' thread and all will be revealed. There is a great pool of audio knowledge on the Decware site, and when a specific problem or question arises, I'm sure the forum will supply the answers.

Cheers and good luck,

Gaz

IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #2 - 03/01/07 at 14:52:02

horn150

If you havn't done so already, read the "Hell, those arn't big!" thread (4 or 5 threads down in this forum).  It should answer your questions.  And to anyone else who hasn't read that thread - its worth reading!

DanK

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/02/07 at 00:02:12

horn150 wrote on 02/28/07 at 17:53:19:
hello

I am interested in the imperial but would like to get some impressions from people who have built a pair

I intend to build them for domestic stereo use

can they really be used full range with one of the  decware amps, I mean 20-20,000  hz with 1 or 2 woofers plus a horn on top?????

my room is over 100 square metres

todfay I use a pair of electrovoice patrician2

thanks for your help

i built a small one recently, if a picture can tell a thousand words, whats a video worth?

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1172710513

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print