Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 19:02:35 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
where are the reviews? (Read 8308 times)
scrabbled
Ex Member

where are the reviews?
02/14/07 at 00:59:32

I am trying to decide if my next speaker should be the RL3  or the HDT..Some professional reviews of the HDT would be of some value,MAYBE,   Undecided Undecided but I cant find any???

IP Logged
change_out
Ex Member

Re: where are the reviews?
Reply #1 - 02/14/07 at 02:55:49

Howdy Scrabbled,

What amp are you using? What is the size of your room? What types of music do you listen to most?

Tim

IP Logged
scrabbled
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/14/07 at 03:33:30

Hey Tim!  my room is a 15x20 living room, music is mostly acoustic, female singers: N jones- KD Lang -  etc.  LOTS of percussion  so quick, articulate bass is preferred over real deep stuff..  current amp is a P.P.  35 wpc EL 34  amp.  AM new to high eff>  but I know this is the direction to sonic satisfaction....will upgrade amp eventually to one of decwares offerings...thanks for any tips, MP

IP Logged
change_out
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/14/07 at 22:44:07

MP-

The HDT's are very fast and detailed. They will shout at times. I enjoy them best when in a nearfield listening setup at low volume levels. With 35 watts you could get crazy loud with them. The Taboo mates up real well with this speaker. I would suggest an audition of the HDT's before buying them. I say this because they are "hot rod" audio gear and therefore not eveyones cup of tea.

Tim

IP Logged
Brad
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 02/15/07 at 03:37:13

I would not say they shout.  They can be just a hair leaner (frequency balance a bit brighter) than some other speakers, and highly detailed for sure.  But the ones I had with the DFR8 drivers, Alternate tuning, and deflex panels behind the drivers, never sounded "shouty".  The older cabinet (no alt tuning) with the FE206EM drivers, especially without felting the phase plug, was a tad shouty and grainy/harsh.

Mated with a good, well integrated (read fast!) sub setup to pick up the low end, the new HDT incarnation sounds great.  Absolutely no shout or brightness...  and it's slightly bright presentation (without the sub) I think benefits its integration with the sub, resulting in flatter overall frequency balance.... well lets just say it sounds right.

I will say that they only lack a little in the lower mids area... say "fullness" of the mids.  But then no speaker is perfect is it?

Perhaps a "shout" is coming from other components in the chain?

WWW   IP Logged
MikeW
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/17/07 at 15:07:29

Quote:
Some professional reviews of the HDT would be of some value

I have spent time scouring reviews and most of the time and I do mean most....the information you get here about Decware and a host of other products for that matter is more accurate than any review.....just my 2 cents.

I have not heard the HDT but the RL3 is fabulous and the MG944 is a heck of a deal for the money. I would gladly own either one of them.

IP Logged
scrabbled
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/18/07 at 02:37:55

YES, I agree, the viewpoints of current and previous owners are extreamly helpful... But i have seen cases where a 1.5  owner sold those to move to 3.0  for more of a good thing,  sometimes selling those for the single driver HDT looking for more speed or tighter bass or something....  I am just doing all I can to jump in at the right level.... By the way  STEVE D. are you out there?   I e-mailed you with a inquiry about the hdt and have not heard from you , I know your a busy man but,,,,,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print