Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 21:37:39 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
my first db12.. with pics - dry fit... (Read 8440 times)
utdjjer
Ex Member

my first db12.. with pics - dry fit...
02/08/07 at 01:34:41

So this is my first build.. I am working on this and then move on to some HDT's.  So This is a dry fit on this box.. so take a look and tell me what you think.  I am still looking for a sub to put in here.. and a plate amp.. so if any of you vetrans have some old  parts lying around.. please let me know if you might be interested in letting them go.

IP Logged
utdjjer
Ex Member

Re: my first db12.. with pics - dry fit...
Reply #1 - 02/08/07 at 03:55:30

ok.. i have been informed of some issues.. and they are being taken care of tomorrow.  I will post up a new pic of it tomorrow.  Cant wait to start on the cabinet!

Thanks

IP Logged
Adrian
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/08/07 at 06:19:01

looking good.
i wouldn't keep the pics up a long time...they show a bit too much imo.

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/08/07 at 11:54:54

very nice!
I have been wanting to build one out of  nice wood instead of MDF and that is very nice looking.
And thanks you got the gears turning for some reason for a  mod, I better write it down before its gone.
G

IP Logged
utdjjer
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/08/07 at 12:42:44

Thanks everyone.... i was basically looking for confirmation on if i was headed in the right direction.. Thanks

IP Logged
Adrian
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/08/07 at 17:39:54

[quote author=gexter  link=1170902081/0#3 date=1170935694]very nice!
I have been wanting to build one out of  nice wood instead of MDF and that is very nice looking.
And thanks you got the gears turning for some reason for a  mod, I better write it down before its gone.
G [/quote]
what mod ?

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/09/07 at 01:43:04

I did not want to say too much because its not a sound reinforced mod. its a structure mod.

remember the guy, a forum member that built a Imp out of doors and it seemed to work well.
Well I cannot use MDF anymore and finding thick enough and big enough solid wood is rather expensive.
when I look at it I see a foam filled core and a total depth of about  3 cms or better. I can use moderate thick oak plywood and run ribs for rigidity and fill the voids with foam.
I had this thought before but this good looking DB reminded me.

I need something light but solid in the back of my Suburban and the last 12 inch WO32 was too heavy to be taking in and out.
since I messed my back its gotta be light.

No big deal, just a thought thats all.
Nothing interesting here to you guys just an modification to make my life easier.
G

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print