Send Topic Print
HDT MKII (Read 5524 times)
Falconer
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

HDT MKII
02/07/07 at 23:13:16

Has anyone built the MKII version of the HDT? ???

HDT Alt Tuning, ZMC1, ZDSD, ZSB, REL Subwoofer, Audio Electronic AE-3 Preamp, Audio Electronic PH-1 Phono Preamp, Audio Electronic SE-811 Amp, (2)Otari MX-5050Bii-2, Otari MTR-10, (2)Otari MTR-12, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Krystal MC cartridge
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: HDT MKII
Reply #1 - 02/08/07 at 00:07:18

Falconer,

I have, but thats a given, right. We've also done some HDT to HDT-MKII conversions.

Bob

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Falconer
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 02/08/07 at 01:09:45

Zygi,
Yes it is Grin. I was wanting to know about the dispersion plates on top. If I remember correctly the upper plate is identical to to all HDT models with a half moon cut out of the front. The bottom one has a vee notch in the back to match the top of the speaker cabinet along with a half moon cutout in the front, is this right? Also, how does the tweeter mount onto the cabinet? I thought that I read somewhere in the forum that Decware would sell the drivers for DIYers to build their own units

HDT Alt Tuning, ZMC1, ZDSD, ZSB, REL Subwoofer, Audio Electronic AE-3 Preamp, Audio Electronic PH-1 Phono Preamp, Audio Electronic SE-811 Amp, (2)Otari MX-5050Bii-2, Otari MTR-10, (2)Otari MTR-12, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Krystal MC cartridge
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #3 - 02/08/07 at 03:52:28

Falconer,

Yes the top plate is the same to all. The lower plate is the same with a 3"x3" cut out which would form a diamond shape, starting at the center of the t-line back. Steve has come up with a tensioning screw to hold the tops in place, this I haven't seen, yet.

The tweeter mounts on the top with a piece of wood which resembles a section of hand rail, its cut at a 3 degree angle, and sets back 3/4' from the front of the cabinet.

Bob

I'm not sure its on the site, but yes we do sell the parts for doing so. You'd have to e-mail Steve for the price though.

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print