04/19/24 at 10:06:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Radial 1.5s (Read 5643 times)
Robert
Ex Member

Radial 1.5s
01/29/07 at 16:53:13

Just drove from Boston to Philly (and back) to pick up a pair of what I'm told were Steve Deckert's personal 2.0s (now upgraded to 1.5s) in cherry finish with silver wiring.  Despite only 15 minutes of listening on my POS Pioneer SX-980 with an unmodified Denon-2900 player - WOW!  Question:  What advantage would the silver wiring have over the stock wiring, and I notice the covers are tricky to get back on -- any tips?  Thanks.  I'm in love. Smiley

IP Logged
Robert
Ex Member

Re: Radial 1.5s
Reply #1 - 01/30/07 at 14:06:07

Does anybody have any suggestions or tips on how to get the covers on and off the RL 1.5s?  I cannot get the covers on, and I'm afraid to press down too hard for fear of causing damage Cry  I had my first night of listening, and am enjoying the 1.5s more than the VMPS RM30s I auditioned, which are close to $4,000 a pair.  I know the RM30s are a wonderful speaker, it's just that the 1.5s made me say "wow" over and over, and the RM30s never really did. Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/30/07 at 17:47:54

If they are like the 2s, then there's an O-ring sort of that goes around the perimeter near the speakers edge. . . you sort of twist the cover around and it falls into place.  You then do the opposite, twist it to get it off.

IP Logged
Robert
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/30/07 at 19:06:52

Thanks so much for the info Cheesy.  I talked to Steve earlier today and offered similar advice, offering that some are tighter than others, so just work it around and they should pop on. Thanks again. Smiley  Next on the list I'm going to probably pop for a pair of ZenStyx speaker wires.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print