Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 22:33:07 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
speaker needed for WO - please help (Read 8008 times)
chub2
Ex Member

speaker needed for WO - please help
01/23/07 at 12:04:56

Can we used any type of woofer from any manufacturer in the WO? because it is not possible to get expert recommended speakers from our place. I live in a remote place where buying from international market is not possible.

thanks
chuba ???

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Re: speaker needed for WO - please help
Reply #1 - 01/23/07 at 12:28:44

i assure you international shipping isn't such a killer and if you find the right people to deal with, it's easy.
i've been through this. i live in south-eastern europe and i got my sub from the us.
you can use almost any sub in the wo. i've buit one with some 20 year old, ussr made 8's and the wildest wo i've seen was loaded with 2 re xxx10's. so as long as it's not a free-air sub, it will work.

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/23/07 at 18:15:18

The recommended drivers are just that- recommendations.

Use them to search for subs you have easy access to- subs with similar attributes.

The parameters to really focus on are: Fs, Qts, Qes, Qms, and Vas.  Try to find the closest match to the recommended drivers in all parameters if possible.

IP Logged
chub2
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/24/07 at 10:55:59

Lol. .   here in our place speakers are sold with just the wattage and Ohms written on it. the manufacturers do not supply other parameters. As the result for a novice it is very difficult to build speakers basing on the parameters.

so all I know is that I have a pair of  8"/4 ohms/ 55 watts woofer
And a pair of  6"/4 ohms/ woofers.

is it possible to construct one with the given parameters? I would like to construct a scald down version using the 6" woofers. can anyone give me a rough measurement of the box?

IP Logged
bigrdub
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/20/12 at 06:55:32

Try 18x 18 and cut you 8 4 and 2 to 4 2 and 1....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print