Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 13:54:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Packaging and shipping HDTs (Read 9584 times)
PeterP
Ex Member

Packaging and shipping HDTs
01/16/07 at 00:53:29

I happily built my first pair of HDTs a year ago, and love them!  I used the alternate tuning with the gel-waxed drivers.  Steve shipped me the modified FE206 with the latest and greatest phase plug (the kind currently being used on the DFR8).

I'd like to sell my current HDTs so I can afford to build a new pair.  Reasons for building a new pair:  I'd like to use the DFR8, and Steve says that gel-waxed drivers can't be upgraded.  Also, I'd like to apply a wood veneer; my current pair is simply painted black.

My questions are: how should I package the HDTs for shipping, which carrier you recommend, and roughly how much shipping would cost within the United States.

Thanks,
Peter

IP Logged
RobLikesTubes
Ex Member

Re: Packaging and shipping HDTs
Reply #1 - 01/16/07 at 14:19:05

From  the "New"  page  on this  site:
"If you want to know  what the shipping would be on anything we sell, just add it to your cart and click the CHECKOUT button.  Your total with shipping will be displayed. You do not have to atually PLACE the order to see what the shipping will be."

It was  about  $120 to  ship my pair  from  AZ  to MD

I  would  definitely  use a set  of  the  double  boxes Steve/Ziggy  use  for  shipping  the  HDTs.  

I  have  my  originals. Perhaps  those or  another  member  with a  set  close  to  you  could  loan them to  you  for  shipping, or  call Steve  about  purchasing a  set of  empty  boxes.  I'm  sure they  aren't  that  much and  the  shipping of the  empties  would  be  pretty  cheap.

Where are  you located ?

IP Logged
PeterP
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/16/07 at 15:08:25

Thanks for checking the price and for suggesting the double boxes.  I'm located in Michigan, about an hour north of Detroit.  (I'm kicking myself for not driving to Decfest last October!)

I'll fire off an email to DeVon to check on the price of boxes and shipping them to me empty.  While I'm at it, I can order some more rubber bumpers, binding posts and passives for my next pair of HDTs.

If anyone is interested in buying them, just email me  :)  Otherwise, I'll post them on Audiogon.

-Peter

IP Logged
Rap
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/16/07 at 18:10:58

Peter, a picture says more than a thousand words Wink

IP Logged
Mike W
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/16/07 at 19:22:48

[quote author=Rap  link=1168912409/0#3 date=1168971058]Peter, a picture says more than a thousand words Wink [/quote]
I agree...Peter show us the HDT's...... Smiley

IP Logged
PeterP
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/16/07 at 21:09:58

Sure thing!  In fact, I've created a website just now to showcase them.  The address is: http://peterspeakers.googlepages.com

I have about a dozen close-up pictures, including the construction process.

-Peter

IP Logged
PeterP
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/27/07 at 22:44:24

I spoke with Zygi and he offered to send me a pair of boxes.  I'll PM him for the costs.  Thanks all!

IP Logged
john67
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/28/07 at 04:07:43

Peter,
Forum member "franksmith" is currently selling his Alt. tune passives and HDT kit if you are interested.
It is the posting that is currently above this one on the HDT Support page.
Weird how things sometimes work out that way Huh
franksmith you can PM me and I will let you know where to send my commission check. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
PeterP
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/02/07 at 02:33:36

Yeah, that's cool timing  :)  I am in need of some passives and will definitely check out Franksmith's post!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print