Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 08:42:52 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any reviews for SE34I.2? (Read 11033 times)
JeffnNC
Ex Member

Any reviews for SE34I.2?
01/01/07 at 09:07:12

After coming within a hair of ordering a Taboo, I decided at literally the last second to read the description of the SE34I.2. It was enough to convince me to splurge for the added cost and I ordered it online last week, adding the optional 4 input selector. The 4 to 6 weeks lead time will be a little torturous, but I've learned patience in my later years.

Anyway, I remember reading a post by Steve Deckert saying that the Select and the SE34I.2 were far and away the best selling amps in his lineup. With that information in mind, it is quite surprising to see so little mention of the SE34I.2 here at the forum in comparison to the other models. Are there other owners out there who can give an "up close and personal" evaluation of that amp? I have no doubt it's a hell of an amp or I wouldn't have ordered it. Bob Zigler has given his personal assurance that it is indeed a real jewel. Still yet, I would love to hear from others.

IP Logged
Rap
Ex Member

Re: Any reviews for SE34I.2?
Reply #1 - 01/25/07 at 16:28:44

The other owners are probably so happy with their amps that they can´t turn them off long enough to answer your question  ;)

I presume that we won´t hear much from you, either, after you get one too Wink Grin

Rap Smiley

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #2 - 01/26/07 at 02:26:49

A) Forum posters make up less then 5% of Decware amp customers.

B) I've been so busy the past couple years that I have let the reviews section of the site slide.  

You have my word that the amp is a sure shot.  And you might want to read my post in the Zen Triode Support Forum addressed to SE34I.2 owners, as we have found a new driver tube (6N2P) that in all honesty took the amp to a new level that could previously only be hinted at by those with just the right magic preamp driving it.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #3 - 02/14/07 at 05:09:54

I'm also very interested in opinions on this amp. I'm leaning in that direction myself Smiley
                                                                                                             Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
MikeW
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/14/07 at 19:15:00

Don,
Corey has one for sale, that although modded to some degree seems like a good deal

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #5 - 02/14/07 at 22:02:15

Thanks, Mike: I've gotta wait till I get this years taxes outta the way, probably another month or so! Cry
                                                                                                                               Don

(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Jeff_nNC
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/03/07 at 05:31:06

Doorman-- I plan to post my impressions soon on the SE34I.2. Hang in there....

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #7 - 03/04/07 at 23:54:32

Thanks, Jeff. I'm not exactly "slumming" w/my Select, but a bit more power would still be nice. Quite a few here have suggested strapping another Select together. That would be the most cost effective, but I also like the ideas of everything"under one roof".
Look forward to your impressions,
                                                                                                                        Don

(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print