Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 14:07:07 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Titanic MK III Drivers (Read 7169 times)
cavenut
Ex Member

Titanic MK III Drivers
12/17/06 at 00:38:50

Well the two giant boxes arrived today from Parts Express and all I can say is WOW. I have been a live and studio engineer since 83', and I have never seen a better built driver. This thing is massive and extremely well made.

The Butle Rubber surround is about a 1/4" thick (in reality about 1/8") as for the rest of the cone; it has several layers of paper, Kevlar and mesh nicely welded together. The center cap is just that, but hey it's just there to look pretty. The frame is also very heavy duty and due to its 8" depth will not be able to be mounted back to back in the center chamber.

I have seen many drivers in my life for use as replacements to various cabinets, but this one definitely stands out.

By the way my HWK box is finished, so its just a matter of mounting these bad boys and sealing the cabinet with silicone. ( I found some rubber weather seal to for the back access panel ) I did take pictures along the way which I will post when finished.

After all is said and done, I have decided to laminate the entire cabinet with 3/4" sand-able oak ply. I am also ordering another QSC amp that should give me 1500 watts in the bridged mode. So it will probably be another few weeks before I fire it up.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone..

Michael Foy

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Ex Member

Re: Titanic MK III Drivers
Reply #1 - 12/18/06 at 14:54:03

I have the HO Daytons and was totally impressed by construction and sound quality. If the Mk IIIs are the bigger brother I know they are "BADA55". But I'm sure some pics of the speakers and build would be enough to push me over the edge. SHOW ME SOME PICS MAN. Good luck with the build.

HT-EXT

IP Logged
Bob in St. Louis
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/18/06 at 16:06:08

[quote author=HT-EXT  link=1166319530/0#1 date=1166453643] SHOW ME SOME PICS MAN. Good luck with the build. [/quote]

I'll second that! Grin

Bob

IP Logged
cavenut
Ex Member

Tried to post Pics
Reply #3 - 12/19/06 at 14:12:15

Cannot figure out how to do that... HELP

IP Logged
Bob in St. Louis
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/20/06 at 03:01:19

Check your PM and email

IP Logged
megatr0n1
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/20/06 at 22:01:28

Can you compare these to some other models?

IP Logged
hesster
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/22/07 at 22:43:42

Let's hear how it works out.  I'm considering buying 4, and "splitting some atoms" with the HW fully loaded.  No cheap to buy and drive them all.  How will you load and drive your 2?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print