Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 12:28:09 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I don't feel so bad now... (Read 7317 times)
Hellion
Ex Member

I don't feel so bad now...
10/15/06 at 08:18:54

What is up with this?? http://gourmetsaint.com.au/Subwoofer/  

Well not to bash anyone, but what can you hear at 20 Hz? harmonics?  I USED to think that audible sound at 20 hz was a good thing, but after playing with infra bass I know you should definately not be able to hear anything under about 32 or 32 Hz.  Want proof? hold your ear next to an OB and run a frequency generator through it.

Anyway, I don't think this one is built right and I can see several things that look wrong, but cool idea with burying the cables in the MDF.  Should I post my knockoff?  I'm sure that many of you would get a good kick out of it.

IP Logged
Rap
Ex Member

Re: I don't feel so bad now...
Reply #1 - 10/15/06 at 14:37:30

I like the fact that he´s asking for donations for baseing his drawings on Steves WO32 Roll Eyes ??? The man is a saint Smiley

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/16/06 at 00:11:11

He even has it up on a PDF. Saint is not the word I was thinking of....
Sorry I stopped by to see this, maybe he should keep it to himself

nuff said

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/16/06 at 06:12:09

I think this should be brought to Steve's attention- granted Steve may or may not want to do anything- but that is clearly the WO32.  Maybe stretched or skewed a bit- but thats still copyright.

IP Logged
Hellion
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/16/06 at 07:14:23

I was thinking about posting my WO32 plans on here.  I haven't seen the real plans, I won't be asking for any donations, and I have made trivial modifications to the design.  I tried to isolate the speakerbaffle from the horn, doubled a portion of the second section of the horn, and modeled it for a high xmax driver because that is what I would want to use.

I don't claim that I know more, want to dispute the quality of the deisgn, or feel that my design is in any superior.  I just wanted to do be able to use a high xmax driver.  I think that I came quite close, but have never heard a real WO32. So I have nothing to compare it to.

My idea uses 1/4 inch of 12.5" inner diameter Sonotube, has a longer and expanded horn. (to accomodate a larger VAS speaker like a 12) Looks sort of like end correction on the end of the horn.

If Steve wanted to use my simple modifications I would be really flattered.  I have probably done it wrong anyway. I don't know nearly as much about this type of enclosure as I'd like to.

I would actually love to work with him on a design that would do what I want and be a little more forgiving of what driver you put in it.  Though he would probably discard my design as soon as he saw it, I think that with his know how he could make it work.

Well, maybe I will get the guts up and write him an email.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print