Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 15:11:22 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
is the highth on a WO important? (Read 14338 times)
mrezstreet
Ex Member

is the highth on a WO important?
09/29/06 at 18:13:17

as stated....i have the layout, but not sure of hoe tall i need to make the box, is that based on the driver?....this may sound stupid....forgive me ???

IP Logged
Rap
Ex Member

Re: is the highth on a WO important?
Reply #1 - 09/29/06 at 18:23:56

I think the hight does not change. 13.5" is the same for both th 8" and the 10". But if your going larger I donīt know Smiley logic would sugest that you coulnīt get a 15 inch cone into a 13.5 inch high box  ???

p.s not a stupid question at all.."I pitty the fool" (whoīs afraid of asking questions)  :)

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/29/06 at 18:24:02

Yep- its hight is 13.5 for 10s and 15.5 for 12s.

IP Logged
mrezstreet
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/29/06 at 21:37:51

[quote author=Rap

p.s not a stupid question at all.."I pitty the fool" (whoīs afraid of asking questions)  :) [/quote]

the only way 2 learn is to ask someone who knows, or tying getting it wrong....i may be crazy, but i ain stupid! Cheesy
ps...most forms i have been on have guys with little pedoz...and the only way they feal big is to slam someone who may not know as much as them....thanks for the input      -mrezstreet-

IP Logged
Rap
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/30/06 at 00:14:52

Well J_rock (and 60 and Gex and Jet and and and) well most of them know more about them Woīs than me, Dontīlet the post number fool you, that number just means Iīve blabbed more Smiley)  

IP Logged
mrezstreet
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/30/06 at 15:03:37

well i am still glad to see helpfull people with some xperince that it has not gone to their head....that give a guy like me some help with his adicction (spelling???)to bass!!!!  :D

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/30/06 at 17:04:28

It may take come time but one of us will answer. I sometimes miss a thread but J-rock is dead on as usual.
A large part of information is posted on the decware page. as far as mods thats stuff you have to find it here where the bass heads hangout.
The inside dimesions and ratios I feel are more important than the hieght. also your CC chamber should not be expanded you can slide the baffle ( part the sub is on) into the CC chamber this is the ported chamber. 60 has mentioned adding blocks inside the sealed chamber to decrease volume because you do not want to move the baffle back into the sealed chamber.
The design is best left alone if using a 10 or a 12 although lots of us play around.
Improving on steves design is not a improvement but a trade off of differant  characteristics.
you have likely read about using a 4th order model and somewhere in these thread are the inside stock volume that you can work from.
some have dfferant ideas and many times a second opinion is a good thing.. when all of us agree you got something worth doing..

Blah blah blah blah   Lips Sealed

There is a spell checker but who has time for that. Smiley

IP Logged
Rap
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/30/06 at 17:10:07

Donīt listen to that noob Wink Smiley

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/30/06 at 17:42:41

[quote author=Rap  link=1159553597/0#7 date=1159632607]Donīt listen to that noob Wink Smiley [/quote]
LOL!
listen to the Rap! He's right!!  ;D

IP Logged
mrezstreet
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 10/02/06 at 20:45:57

i have a problem i have lost good nap time thinking of this stuff........i have mapped out the box already..... i just want to rule the spl world in 12volt is that too much to ask?????  ???

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/02/06 at 23:55:14

Unless you got tons of cash or extreme amounts of time- yes, it probably is.

IP Logged
fordpwnzchevy
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 10/03/06 at 19:02:13

if spl is what ur after, get a dd sub, preferably the 99 or 95 series, build a huge box tuned to 60hz, and plug it into the wall at a competition.  and hope the breaker doesnt break. Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

IP Logged
musgofasa
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 10/03/06 at 20:17:05

Unfortunately "plugging it into the wall" is not allowed lol  :-/

SPL is a sport that I was around to help see come of age. Money makes things easier, but it has been ingenuity that led to the biggest headlines in the sport over the years. Alma Gates was a great example of pouring money at a sport. There was a certain 4 runner out there with only two subs and amps that was tearing things up at the same time though.
lets see:
64 subs, amps, batteries, with steel walls and hydraulic closure devices .........$10gazillion bucks

2 subs, 2 amps, mdf and a lot of work.........<$10,000.00

Bragging rights........Priceless

Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy

IP Logged
irupp33
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 10/06/06 at 01:51:44

is 15.5 in height of the internal walls or over all height?

IP Logged
Rap
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 10/06/06 at 07:00:49

[quote author=irupp33  link=1159553597/0#13 date=1160095904]is 15.5 in height of the internal walls or over all height? [/quote]

internal

IP Logged
mrezstreet
Ex Member

Reply #15 - 10/07/06 at 19:52:32

i am working out some details on getting a shop opened up in little rock AR....i have one show/comp letf for the season rounh my neck of the wooks....i NEED Cheesy to make some noise.....
mabe i should just run the 4 15's 2 in each box and stackem...the wall em off.....@ a angel to flair a bit....???? ???

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print