03/28/24 at 13:38:39 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I feel bad now... (Read 9450 times)
Hellion
Ex Member

I feel bad now...
09/06/06 at 07:25:09

okay I feel bad because I'm no better than a thief.  I feel bad enough that I won't build the wo32.  The reason that I feel bad is because I don't have the money to buy the plans so I designed he WO 32 from the WO free plans and back engineered the folded horn.  

I won't do it again. Sad I promise.

IP Logged
Lee in Arkansas
Ex Member

Re: I feel bad now...
Reply #1 - 09/06/06 at 13:27:51

I think a good portion of us have. Embarrassed

I did. Grin

Then I bought a password and found out I was wrong. Cry

IP Logged
Bob in St. Louis
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/06/06 at 21:47:29

Hmmm, Not sure what your talking about.
I've never done anything wrong, and have no regrets.   Roll Eyes

Bob

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/06/06 at 23:12:11

I stole a pen from a back once by accident and took it back and pretended I never took it!

does that count?

As far a knocking something off how do you think the japanese bacame a world leader in electronics years ago.

EDIT: Well I have admit that I tried to build a DB without the plans and it really sucked. I then paid my $ and built one the right way and I have been a dedicated decware beleiver and promoter since. Most of the knowledge that I neither need or can use comes from starting here. Smiley
I can't believe how simple my boxes were before I came here. and it all started with a lousy attempt at knocking off one of Steves designs.

Thanks Steve I am forever in your debt, Hmmm maybe I am now in debt because of decware..LOL  :) just kidding

Hellion! chill

IP Logged
Hellion
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/07/06 at 01:55:06

so maybe I should build what I have, then when I get the actual plans. (when ritch and famous Cry)  then I will see how lousy my design was right?

I dunno I probably spent enough time trying to duplicate something from pictures and prior knowledge, that paying for the plans would have been cheaper.

I do feel pretty confident about my plans because I was looking at the designs I was comming up with by reverse engineering everything and going "WHY?" and tinking to myself "Well, what if i did it this way instead of....."  

The result is probably enough different from the real WO32 that I have actually designed my own dual folded horn.  So, I'm going with my cousin to get some 1" plywood and he said that I could have a sheet of 3/4" MDF for helping him replace his cabinets.  Here goes. wonder how it will stand up to the WOs I have made from the plans.

btw, a quad driver 6th order wo with 4 spiral horn ports in each side actually sounds really good if one of the drivers are reversed on each side.  responce = 18 to 180 HZ

I just made the top to bottom dimensions twice as high and used four 8 in drivers.  Damn that's a lot of wood though!

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/07/06 at 02:39:34

[quote author=Hellion  link=1157527509/0#4 date=1157590506]
btw, a quad driver 6th order wo with 4 spiral horn ports in each side actually sounds really good if one of the drivers are reversed on each side.  responce = 18 to 180 HZ

I just made the top to bottom dimensions twice as high and used four 8 in drivers.  Damn that's a lot of wood though! [/quote]

All right I agree you are the craziest box builder alive or close too!
???  :)

IP Logged
Bob in St. Louis
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/07/06 at 03:18:15

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a Housewrecker with two "whirlygigs" instead of just plain ports?   ???

Sounds interesting. I'd very much like to see pictures of that one, Hell.

Bob

IP Logged
Hellion
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/18/06 at 07:18:48

Maybe I need to stop selling all my sucessful subs.  IT seems like as son as I have a sucessful build someone wants to buy it and make it look pretty and shake the teacups off the neighbors house.  

The bad thing is taht I never intended to sell this one.  Then again I hardly ever intended to sell most of the subs I've sold....  I just can't seem to pass when someone comes along and wants a sub that I built from garbage when they start waving money around Sad

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print