Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 13:43:37 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Future DECWARE Amp Kits..... (Read 27063 times)
homeyhomes
Ex Member

Future DECWARE Amp Kits.....
07/17/04 at 20:37:57

I would like to see more Decware kits.
especially the Select Monos.
Anybody else interested?
Steve...are there any plans to offer any of your "Production"
Amps in Kit form?

Maybe a Select mono kit using a simple chassis like the
Preamp plate kit that you offer, but in mono block form.

Wink

IP Logged
Yoda
Ex Member

Re: Future DECWARE Amp Kits.....
Reply #1 - 07/19/04 at 20:31:45

I'd like to see that tube phono pre-amp kit thats been on the back burner!

IP Logged
mullman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/19/04 at 20:58:39

Decware DAC in the "keep it simple" Zen philosophy!

IP Logged
SteveH
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/19/04 at 23:14:18

hmmmm

DAC   -  I'd try that

IP Logged
eagle
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/20/04 at 00:25:05

Shoot, I'm not really a DIYer (just ask Mullman) and I'd even be willing to try a Decware DAC.  Right now I'm using my Marantz receiver's DAC because it's better than my Sony DVD/CD player's DAC, and I know anything Steve were to sell would be many times better than that even.

IP Logged
mullman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/20/04 at 01:19:00

:-X NO COMMENT  :-X

[quote author=eagle  link=1090096678&amp/0#4 date=1090279505]Shoot, I'm not really a DIYer (just ask Mullman)
[/quote]

IP Logged
barfind
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/30/04 at 12:45:00

Gee I like Steve to build a high power amp, still point to point wired and all the goodies. Just for those who want just that bit more, you know 15 or 20 watts.

My wish list, Nigel

IP Logged
Giorgino
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/30/04 at 19:44:36

(Including me) That's 4 on the Decware DAC list Grin

IP Logged
Craig
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/31/04 at 05:13:53

A 300B amp would B my wish. I would love to see what Steve could do with this tube.

IP Logged
pmwoodward
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/31/04 at 05:24:18

I'd like to see the Decware kits that can be built without extensive prior experience. I've been tempted to build a kit, but am scared off by the fact (as I recall) that the kit comes only with a schematic and parts.

IP Logged
mullman
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/31/04 at 11:57:23

Steve has some online instructions:

https://www.decware.com/zkit01.htm

[quote author=pmwoodward  link=1090096678&amp/0#9 date=1091247858]
I'd like to see the Decware kits that can be built without extensive prior experience. I've been tempted to build a kit, but am scared off by the fact (as I recall) that the kit comes only with a schematic and parts.
[/quote]

IP Logged
Mike W
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/09/06 at 02:19:58

I would like to see a preamp you know the old kind that had the phono stage as well Smiley

IP Logged
MikeW
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 02/17/07 at 14:54:07

Thought I might resurrect this. I am wondering what is going to make it to kit form since Steve made the changes to using a plate for the Select, Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, etc.

Steve when you have a minute can you shed some light on what your plans might be?

Thanks Smiley

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #13 - 02/17/07 at 17:40:56

The reason all Decware amps are not packaged and sold also as kits is simple.  The kits get built and eventually sold someday.  Often buyers don't always know it was a kit and think it's a Decware built amp.  Many kits are far from original Decware builds both in quality and sound.  No matter how good one is at building kits, they will never be as good as us because we've hand built 1000's of amps.  Even the way one solders and the solder used can effect the sound quality.  You get the idea.  We made an exception with the SE84C, but did not continue with the rest of the line.

Having said all that, my plans are still to develope a line of amplifiers that equally as good as our production stuff in kit form with a different look so there can never be any confusion.  I have read the wish list in this forum many times, and will be using it as kits are developed.  The kits will be done on plates, and just last month I came up with a very attractive base design that we will be using.  My hope is to launch the first couple kits sometime this summer and then develope a large variety of them over the next few years.  I want to do detailed assembly manuals with each one.  I also want to offer them in 3 basic formats:  A) Schematic and Parts list  B) Schematic, Chassis and Parts list and C) Schematic, Chassis and Parts.   I suspect B will become very popular since the main thing holding people back isn't parts, but rather the pre-punched chassis.

Hope this helps, and sorry it's taking so long.  I have been quietly developing products for this in the background for the past several years.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
MikeW
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 02/17/07 at 19:30:20

That is great news Steve and thanks for the update Smiley

IP Logged
Falconer
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #15 - 02/19/07 at 16:48:14

Just what I've been waiting for Cheesy. I have built kits from Audio Electronic Supply and Mapletree and have waited for Steve to offer some more kits. Can't wait Steve Smiley

HDT Alt Tuning, ZMC1, ZDSD, ZSB, REL Subwoofer, Audio Electronic AE-3 Preamp, Audio Electronic PH-1 Phono Preamp, Audio Electronic SE-811 Amp, (2)Otari MX-5050Bii-2, Otari MTR-10, (2)Otari MTR-12, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Krystal MC cartridge
  IP Logged
veryoldcat
Seasoned Member

dam*ed if you do,
and dam*ed if you
don't

Reply #16 - 02/21/07 at 16:20:48

It would be great to see some sort of amp kit based on the Taboo. I personally need another amp better suited for 8 ohm loads, but want my Select to stay set-up for 2 ohm loads with it's original trannies.

Plus, I like building kits, and would just as soon (actually rather it were) a Decware kit.

Karl

SE84CS (vcapped), CSP, zbox, Dec685, ZP 1.0, Sota tt/Well-Tempered Arm/V15XMR, Parker 98's, Parker Audio *Power Chords*, cat 6 wires, OSX; a garage sale of other stuff...
  IP Logged
Kodakjello
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 03/01/07 at 14:01:30

I would love to see a kit for an amp that would be built to last. When I say built to last I don't mean quality wise but more tube lifetime. I'm not looking forward to replacing tubes every 3 - 6 months when they burn out from being overdriven. Would it be possible to split the signal between two tubes to double their lifetimes? The environmentalist in me cringes at the number of tubes I'd be throwing out  :'(

Kodakjello

IP Logged
Mr Content
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 03/01/07 at 14:20:30

Wow Steve, thats good news for us aussies,with high shipping costs to here.

Mr C Smiley

IP Logged
Endspec
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 12/16/07 at 02:03:39

I agree with veryoldcat, I would like the power of a taboo in a kit unit, If I could ever aford one.

IP Logged
rmt
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 01/01/08 at 04:12:19

I would like to see the guitar amp as a kit.  Any chance of that?

Select, CSP2 upgrade, Dec 685, DSRii, Nibbelin NFX w/DFR-8s, SE34.I, Zbox
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print