Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 00:44:21 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wiring Question for DB12 (Read 5366 times)
19fan
Ex Member

Wiring Question for DB12
05/23/06 at 23:16:43

I am new to the forum and am building a DB12.  I read a post about wiring but still am confused.  Please someone explain.  How are you guys sealing and wiring the DB12 with just one sub and which direction is best to mount sub???(magnet facing the port cutout or facing the lid?) Thanks Guys.. Enjoy the Forum.

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Re: Wiring Question for DB12
Reply #1 - 05/24/06 at 00:20:41

Wire the sub in phase with your other speakers.
i.e.  Black goes to positive on your other speakers, black goes to positive on your sub.

I place the magnet in the open section, since thats how the box was designed, to use the porting as a way to increase thermal power handling.

IP Logged
19fan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/24/06 at 03:10:02

Thanks for the reply.  I guess my wiring problem is where are you routing the wires thru the Deathbox. Ex.(out of the lid or out of the side),  and is it just sealed with slicone or what is the best way to ensure no air leakage where the wires enter the box?  Thanks so much!  19fan

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/24/06 at 03:28:55

Well, On one I have a terminal cup at the bottom of the sealed chamber.  Without a doubt the cleanest way.

On my other two, one simply goes through a hole in the bottom of the sealed chamber, while the other has the wire run through the port and out the cutout.

WHatever looks nicest I guess.  The terminal cup does give you considerable more ease in removing the box, no long wires dangling around.

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/24/06 at 11:17:58

i'll use 2 long screws and 3 nuts/ screw as terminals on my next build. the terminals i currently have are leaky.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print