Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 20:30:10 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WO32: Want to hear it sing (Read 14725 times)
goldenk10
Ex Member

WO32: Want to hear it sing
03/14/06 at 08:33:21

1:30 AM monday...studying for a final tomorrow (in 8.5 hours) at 10AM. I needed a break...so I decided to start another thread. I have my WO32 moved into my bedroom (the only room I can call "mine" in my apartment). I have it in the corner sitting on a single 2x4....hooked up to a 250 Watt plate amp...whose guts are sitting upside down on my desk adjacent to the sub.

Given the unusual time of day(night?!) I can't turn it up Sad.

I can't wait until tomorrow when I can really crank it up and see what it will do to the apartment. And of course, how real music will sound through it in a home theatre environment.

I first got it all hooked up around 10:30PM....and put some sine waves through it......OMG! One of my roomates....about 20 ft away in the hallway came out of his room and confessed "my leg hairs are moving....what the hell is that!?"

I can't wait to hear it sing....

IP Logged
Mr Content
Ex Member

Re: WO32: Want to hear it sing
Reply #1 - 03/24/06 at 21:34:32

Any more news?

Mr C

IP Logged
Mr Content
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/02/06 at 15:40:54

Anything?  ;)

IP Logged
Rap
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/02/06 at 17:29:25

I think the roommates killed him  ??? Wink

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/02/06 at 18:32:03

the neighbors did it  ;) roommates wanted party, spl went up and the neighbors attacked Wink

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/02/06 at 23:54:25

should we send flowers? ???

IP Logged
Mr Content
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/03/06 at 22:35:09

Or chocolates to the niegbours Cheesy  :)

Mr C

IP Logged
goldenk10
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/04/06 at 07:01:57

LOL,

Hey guys. I got caught up in the whirlwind of finals. I'm back. The WO32 has found a home under my bed in the corner of my apartment. I was able to visit a friend in the San Jose area last week. He's been doing home and car audio for nearly a decade.

He was very impressed with the WO32.

After a few weeks of listening to it in various configurations, I am very pleased with the results.

I am glad the top is convertible, I will likely replace my current drivers with the Spec'd Vifas when I graduate. lower Fs to dig out those tones in the goofy Bass Mechanic "songs", and likely extend the flat response well below 30 Hz.

On the drive back from San Jose, I had the WO32 hooked up in my trunk again (I know, I know). I listened to Tom Petty's VH1 story tellers twice. The response with live music is excellent. The WO32 really made the music rich.

Also, a song I have found to be very demonstrative of the accuracy of the WO32 is AC/DC's "thunderstruck". Very tight kicks and thumps.

Of note, I got A's in both the lecture portion of my acoustics class and the 1-unit independent study (actual WO32 build). I never get A's in engineering anymore...

I love my sub....not much more to say right now.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice and suggestions along the way. The whole experience of the build and testing has been great.

IP Logged
Mr Content
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/04/06 at 07:41:40

Thanks gold. We had better cancel the search/linch  party Cheesy

How are you driving it?

Mr C

IP Logged
Mr Content
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/04/06 at 07:44:21

Dont worry, I read your first post again Sorry  :P

Mr C

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/04/06 at 22:07:07

[quote author=goldenk10  link=1142328801/0#7 date=1144130517]LOL,

Hey guys. I got caught up in the whirlwind of finals. I'm back. The WO32 has found a home under my bed in the corner of my apartment. I was able to visit a friend in the San Jose area last week. He's been doing home and car audio for nearly a decade.

He was very impressed with the WO32.

After a few weeks of listening to it in various configurations, I am very pleased with the results.

I am glad the top is convertible, I will likely replace my current drivers with the Spec'd Vifas when I graduate. lower Fs to dig out those tones in the goofy Bass Mechanic "songs", and likely extend the flat response well below 30 Hz.

On the drive back from San Jose, I had the WO32 hooked up in my trunk again (I know, I know). I listened to Tom Petty's VH1 story tellers twice. The response with live music is excellent. The WO32 really made the music rich.

Also, a song I have found to be very demonstrative of the accuracy of the WO32 is AC/DC's "thunderstruck". Very tight kicks and thumps.

Of note, I got A's in both the lecture portion of my acoustics class and the 1-unit independent study (actual WO32 build). I never get A's in engineering anymore...

I love my sub....not much more to say right now.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice and suggestions along the way. The whole experience of the build and testing has been great. [/quote]

next time your in san jose drive over the hill and visit me in santa cruz, we can play subwoofers for a couple hours Grin and eat pizza.

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/04/06 at 23:28:53

you've heard it before and I will say it again

I love a happy ending Smiley
congrats on your grade..

IP Logged
goldenk10
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/05/06 at 06:31:38

Thanks Gex,

Now in my spare moments, I am scampering under my bed to fiddle with the placement of the sub. Maybe I should start another thread for this one?

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 04/05/06 at 15:24:10

Better to start a new thread or even to continue this present thread as long as we are not left "thread Bare"
Roll Eyes

Any news is good news, Keeps the ones that are not building but still love it all happy....

I pretend I am Jet and all the time and still creating and imagining
;D

I have learned that my real life takes precident over play time..

There are others as yourself that do when I cannot. and put a smile on my face. Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print