Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 21:26:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
info about velodyne 12 to build house wrecker? (Read 3888 times)
attatoy
Ex Member

info about velodyne 12 to build house wrecker?
02/18/06 at 18:30:44

sorry about the double post but my question is for this box as well.I have just peurchaced a velodyne 12 and plate amp off good old ebay, seemed like a great deal , and still does if.......i can find the specs for this sub, the sub is origonaly part of a ct-120 subwoofer,  I have serched high and low and can not find specs to design a box with. I am  leaning towards a house wrecker box but would like to know if this can be done with out specs, or if a death box would be better.  I have located outer dementions of the factory box but this is a guess at best as the mdf thinkness is a guess and who knows what the inside looks like.  any help that any one has or sudjections on getting the best audio performance for this unit.My choises are either DB, HW or build a ported cube! I listen to mostly home theater, and alot of dirty internet music that has so so bit rate, but do perfer alot of base.  i have bookshefl speakers for about 2 more months , then i will be adding some towers made of 6 -7 inch drivers

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Re: info about velodyne 12 to build house wrecker?
Reply #1 - 02/19/06 at 03:29:56

tricky, you could test the parameters of the driver but i dont know how its done. send it to someone for testing? waht are you trying to achive? car audio, home theatre? party rig?

IP Logged
attatoy
Ex Member

Re: info about velodyne 12 to build house wrecker?
Reply #2 - 02/19/06 at 03:37:29

this is a house sub project . I want to know if a house wrecker can be built without speaker specs......or is there just one size of box that all speakers work in?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print