Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 17:20:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Modeling imperial sub in horn response (Read 5853 times)
Getafix
Ex Member

Modeling imperial sub in horn response
02/01/06 at 20:40:08

Hi all, i'm going to build a pair of imperials to as a set of subs for a small PA. I am going to use 2 Precision Device PD1550 in each cab as I have four of these doing nothing at the mo.

What I wanted to do is model the horn in horn response first so the horn can be set up for these drive. Has any body modeled the imperial in horn response yet, if so would one be kind enough to let me have the parameters for each section of the horn, and the rear chamber volume.

Thanks for any help, great forum

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Re: Modeling imperial sub in horn response
Reply #1 - 02/02/06 at 23:42:09

I have no experience with that program, however I remember a "Jeff" something that happened to do it quite a bit.

Maybe Jeff F.

IP Logged
John in CR
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/03/06 at 23:14:52

I used the drawings that come once you get the $10 plans from Decware to come up with the input parameters I use in HornResp.  Since that's a paid for thing, I don't think it's right to give out dimension info that I derived from those plans.

Hopefully a newer version of HornResp will go greater than 99.99 L of volume because the compression chamber on the Decware version is larger.

IP Logged
Getafix
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/05/06 at 08:06:08

Thank you both for replying. I have brought the plans from this site, and I must say good plans they are. The thing is I'm new to Horn Response and not sure how to equate the parameters for the bent corner part of the horn. Just wanted to compare someone elses measurement with what I calculated.

So if any one can provide me the parameters for the horn sections would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

IP Logged
Frode
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/21/06 at 10:22:10

Since the Imperial is a backloaded horn, VRC and LRC should be zero. Just read the help file!

Frode

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print