Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 07:44:26 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
10 years ago i had a problem with this thing? (Read 7493 times)
shayneyasinski
Ex Member

10 years ago i had a problem with this thing?
02/01/06 at 06:13:36

I remember years ago buying plans for this box and paying a carpenter 150 bucks to make me one and i didnt do well.
I loaded it with 2 cerwin vega 15's and powered it with a big carver amp.
I had the 2 15's in big 8 cubic foot boxes and another set in this housewrecker and i was nothing close to the plain boxes .
I wonder if i had them out of fase (spelling) or loaded wrong??

not sure but it sounds like you guys love it so i must have done somthing wrong??

I have a pic of it that i will post but it was about 60 inches high and 20 square and had 2 15's inside faceing each other .

that was when i was like 18 years old and i am now 32 so i have learned alot.

i may have thrown out a killer sub  ???

later

shayne

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Re: 10 years ago i had a problem with this thing?
Reply #1 - 02/01/06 at 12:00:27

shayneyasinski,

60" high?  Yes, it was built incorrectly.

Bob

IP Logged
shayneyasinski
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/01/06 at 17:43:45

is there a way i could post the exact dimensions without getting into trouble here .
or can i pm someone so they can confirm that it is a hw ??
if it is i will rebuild it and load it up and see if i can make it pound.
I also can remember that it was abe to do 1 2 or 4 woofers so i am sure it is a hw.
shayne

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/01/06 at 22:46:35

If you can put 2,3, or 4 drivers in it your on the right track. It's the only enclosure design I've seen with that kind of versatility. I was told if I were to post the dimentions of the HWK, I'd have "someone" come to my house, poke holes in my drivers, and spill soda in my receiver. Sorry.  It would cost you $10 to find out.

Bob

IP Logged
shayneyasinski
Ex Member

what is the best load for this box???
Reply #4 - 02/02/06 at 01:09:11

what would you suggest for getting the loudest bass ??
I am thinking magnets close toghether ??
and how do i wire them??
push pull or ?????

shayne

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/02/06 at 05:11:35

Read the ( amp to  make Daytons happy thread ) or the others on tested configurations.

why don't you give Steve a call because you would not be releasing anything he does not know.
Its a shot. Then you could buy the plans all over again or get a site pass for most of the designs if you had the specs wrong.

anyway How about I say that its around a foot too tall and typically has one big port at the top and two at the bottom of certain lengths and sizes.
and thats about all I can say although I have never been threatened. If someone came over and spilt a soda on my Rca trash on purpose. I would say that I know a terrific decware amp I would like it replaced with or be faced with the old unpleasant me that did not play well with others.
( I threw sand in the sandbox and ran with sizzors)

I am now 45 and I am sure I was a heck of alot smarter when I was 18, or at least I thought I was when I was 18.

Oh Ya if its around 60" tall and alot bigger round than the 15" woofer is its not a 15 HWK its closer to a 18" HWK. Which is so big you may as well build a Imperial sub and move something  over a foot or so.

IMHO of course.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/02/06 at 11:41:05

shayneyasinski,

I'm not totally qualified to answer your questions. I did, however, mount the magnets in the center chamber. Just a few short days ago I was asking some of the same questions. Gexter is correct, read the thread "amp to make Dayton's happy", I started it not long ago. And it's grown into a monster in a short time. I've gained alot of valuable information from the people on this forum.

Bob

IP Logged
rondawg72
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/06/06 at 19:29:09

you say you have both speakers loaded and facing eachother....you dont have them wired out of phase do you....they may be cancelling eachother out - you need one speaker wired the exact opposite (+/-) than the other

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print