Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 06:58:09 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
when is too much too much (Read 3533 times)
2088bob
Ex Member

when is too much too much
01/26/06 at 10:07:56

ok i now have the material cut  for  2 10"db s  hope to start assembly  this coming weekend  got my router circle cutting setup scienced out  so now comes question  my daugther has a nicely tricked out 90 sunbird but her box with 2 x10" is a leaky old pos so are 2 10" dbs too much for her car  the set up of the sunbird relies on the rear 6x9s as the main music source and just a small pair of 3.5" speakers up front for fill  do i need to attack this differently than if i had larger speakers up front as my main music source  putting larger speakers up front is not an option at this time  

my next question i have a 2002 f150 extend cab  in which i am doing a new system  i don't use my rear seat so setting a db on my rear seat is an option actually i was thinking of removing the 40% split part of my rear seat and mounting the db there  again is there any body here using a db in the back of an extended cab pickup  will it work out ok

regards 2088bob     Bob (the iceman) konarski

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Re: when is too much too much
Reply #1 - 01/26/06 at 20:53:48

I for one have never heard th eDB as overpowering, but thats all in how you EQ things.  Sure 2 DBs could easily overpower a stock system to the point of ugly sound, but aftermarket 6x9s  should do fine.  And if there is a problem with too much output you can always remove a DB.

As far as a DB in a extended cab, or regular cab for that matter, I have never had a chance to try and fit one in.  All the truck installs wanted the seat still there.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print