03/29/24 at 01:32:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
8" HWK over all size (Read 9669 times)
Learner_UK
Ex Member

8" HWK over all size
01/23/06 at 18:30:15

Just a quick question, how much space does the total enclosure take up?

IP Logged
Learner_UK
Ex Member

Re: 8" HWK over all size
Reply #1 - 02/04/06 at 01:05:53

Cheers for all your help

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/08/06 at 11:44:57

Hello Learner,

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question.  

Not the most 'active' board I've seen.  Not too many followers, but the few there are, are pretty smart. Just getting a response can be time consuming sometimes.

Bob

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/08/06 at 12:30:06

Okay your making me feel bad.
some enclosures I not sure how much information I should give out.
some are so compliated you can say alot and still not give enough to build one.

the HWK is pretty simple if you go back through the posts.
Now I understand why stuff is deleted, after awhile there is enough info on a complete build.

the rough dimensions are 35 high and 12 square thats max size.

does that help without me giving stuff out I should not .
dont want to get banned.

if you want smart its not me. unless you need info on alarm systems and how to breed hamsters and keep fish.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/08/06 at 12:41:26

You breed hamsters with fish !?!?

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/08/06 at 12:44:22

Wow, Gex,

Keeping fish can be tricky. Salt or fresh? Salt water fish used to be a hobby of mine. I kept wierd things that I pulled out of the gulf, like sea horses and tiny crabs along with some exotica from the pet stores.

Lots of fun, but hamster breeding? Isn't that fairly straight forward. I think it happens on it's own just fine. Rather often if I can remember. In fact it might be more useful to develope an alarm to warn you when hamsters ARE breeding. Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged
Rap
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/08/06 at 13:35:51

[quote author=DirtDawg  link=1138044615/0#5 date=1139402662]
In fact it might be more useful to develope an alarm to warn you when hamsters ARE breeding. Cheesy Cheesy
[/quote]

Woudn´t that translate as : One long constant whine interupted EVERY 15 days for about a half houre for birrth and then start up again for the next 2 weeks?

IP Logged
jj420
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/17/06 at 21:50:58

the 8" HWK is about 3 cubes and fits nicely almost anywhere.  I found the best results come from push pull loading with 2 drivers, with the bottom ports 2.5"x6" mounted inside, and the top port 4"x11" mounted outside.  This makes the box look funny but seperates the boxes two tunings sufficiently to avoid cancellation.  Mine setup that way is pretty accurate between 30hz and 110hz, but flops completely outside of that range.

Thanks to Gex for making the "beakerbox" possible.

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/18/06 at 05:12:30

Glad that you had use for the Box JJ and got it working nice.
Beakerbox  :) thats cool.

I finally got around to screwing my DB12 together, I think its the only thing I have built in about 6 months. I left it unfinished and slid it under my workbench in my garage for now.
Lots of plans and designs but no action..
This DB12 I like, it has the typical DB problems that need attention but sounds pretty good ( which is better than OK).
If your in the area drop by, If you have not heard a 12" DB yet.
I have one cheap sub in it at the moment but if my wife lets me move it inside I will put two drivers in it that are more sensitive for my HT and veneer it.

IP Logged
jj420
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/23/06 at 17:33:05

Thanks again Gex, we were up there for easter, but no extra time...  The new van makes wifey wanna drive tho, so im sure we'll be up there again soon.  Thinking a Db would fit nicely behind the rear bench on the floor.  I'll let ya know next time..

JJ

edit: Now all i need is a "beaker" head i can modify to fit over the protruding port on the HW and it will really be a beakerbox. (My oldest daughter coined that phrase, shes only 4 and has problems with her "S" and "P" sounds still Smiley )

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print