Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 21:02:37 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Amp to make Dayton's happy (Read 113421 times)
HT-EXT
Ex Member

Re: Amp to make Dayton's happy
Reply #100 - 01/31/06 at 14:46:45

What up BOB? When I first started out I was using two HWK15 to "feel the LFE in my chest" but the SPL was painful. Like 60 pointed out the auras are awesome for home theater. I have used auras, pros, clarks, and now buttkicker lfe and now I can't do with out them. Don't get me wrong STEVE's designs are second to none but if I understand what your after is great sound and tactical force for home theater. The SPL is too loud(for neighbors and women) so the next step is tactical. Let me know if you need any info.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #101 - 01/31/06 at 14:53:57

Yea,.... been thinkin' about those. Though maybe some time down the road. Now may look more seriously. Very good price. Would be cool if I could somehow use the other channel of the amp (wired bridged now).

Hmmmmm

Bob

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Ex Member

Reply #102 - 01/31/06 at 16:33:15

Depending on the power of the amp it is possible to run both HWK and "shakers". I run 10 auras(not the pros) off one 250w plate amp with no problems but the cooling fan is running. Auras take 30w(peak at 40Hz), pros 50w(peak at 40Hz), clarks 150w(range from 20Hz to 800Hz?), and the buttkicker 400w minimum(range from 5Hz to 200Hz). Tactical transducers work with everything from music to movies, and even the wife. Oh just so you know I can not do without my HWKs either and believe me I have tried just about everything. Good Luck with your adventure into Home Theater.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #103 - 01/31/06 at 16:39:44

Thanks HT-EXT,

The amp is a Legion LSA 900. If memory serves, it's 900 watts bridged mono. I'd be worried more about over powering the shakers. I would be getting 4 of them if I did it.

Bob

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Ex Member

Reply #104 - 01/31/06 at 17:08:13

If you are looking at the pros over powering four should not be an issue keeping the amp cool will. Shakers draw large amounts of current to operate where a speaker seems to draw a little less. The key is blending the shakers and HWK together. If you have an elevated floor enough shakers in the couch will actual cause the floor to start resonating. All this is a hobby so make it fun.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #105 - 01/31/06 at 17:59:57

HT-EXT, keeping my amp cool may not be a problem. Read a few posts back where I describe the cooling system of this amp. It is the same cooling system used by NASA to cool the launch platform for the space shuttle. I read the manual, and it says the amp fans are normally running in "low" mode. I may need to wear ear protection if these fans ever kick on "high".  :)

Bob

IP Logged
Sean
Ex Member

Reply #106 - 01/31/06 at 19:20:18

Bob - I think I know what you might be getting at.  In fact, I had been considering changing my HWK alignment from both magnets in the center chamber to both magnets down, and then adjusting the lower chamber to bring its volume back to what it was.  As an experiment, try clamshelling both drivers in the bottom baffle - you may need to make a spacer because I think the surrounds will touch if you couple them directly together.  This will change the way your box works - eliminating the large center chamber and making it a basic sixth order bandpass box, with a frequency response which is quite a bit lower (since the top chamber is now huge).  I did this with my Daytons and was blown away by some movie effects (I think I was watching "Aliens").  As impressive as this was, having the frequency response shifted so low wasn't well suited to listening to music, so I went back to a driver in each baffle.  In any case, I would definitely try both the clamshell in the bottom, and simply flipping the bottom driver over so that both cones face the top, to see what you prefer for your style of listening, and also give you a feel for the effect of changing driver configurations on the output of this enclosure.

-Sean

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #107 - 01/31/06 at 22:50:29

Good thoughts, but I'll play with it for awhile like it is. I went a little overboard on the 'stiffness' of the bracing between the two drivers (both magnets in center chamber).  What I did is not totally permanent, but a real PITA to switch driver direction without exploring easier alternatives first. Not ruling it out though.

Bob

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #108 - 02/01/06 at 02:08:53

i still vote for excellent quality over 'effect' im sure if you set your hwk up accurately,  forget about wanting 'in your chest' bass and get used to 'articulate accurate bass' you will find that it is way more satisfying. a bit like 'just the tip in' is actually more exciteing than 'full immersion'  ;) weird analogy i know but it the best i can do right now!, maybe the difference between a muscle car and a merc? which one would you actually prefer to drive every day!

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #109 - 02/01/06 at 11:58:34

Merc..edes, or Merc..ury?

60, Despite may rantings about 'in my chest', I'm still quality over quantity.

That being said if the room was 100% listning room, meaning audio only I'd go for 100% quality sound. Except when I played the 1812 Overeture [sp?] HA HA!! But since it's main purpose is theater / movies, I suppose it's more like 80% quality / accurate sound and 20%, well, ...... BOOM!  I want my jazz to sound very good, but I don't want the bombs / explosions to sound weak. May be the shakers / transducers are looking more like a viable option. Sounds like a good reason for a new thread?

Bob

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #110 - 02/01/06 at 14:18:23

the explosions etc will SOUND excellent and be very satisfying, its just that shakeing the couch is not easily done below 172db! would you pour sugar into a quality glass of wine? put 'lengerie' on a beautiful woman? 'spinning hubs' on a ferrari? ketchup on a great steak? good bass is refined and extremely satisfying when deliverd naturally, the in your chest sensation your seeking is an 'abomination' of the real thing.

do me a favor untill your 'shakers' arrive.set up your audio rig with everything flat, watch a movie you know well that has good audio, have the houswrecker turned up to a good level but no bass boost or eqing just x it over at about 70 hz and turn it up and watch the movie.when a low note / sound hits, notice how it sounds 'real' maybe not vibrateing your couch, but it will actually 'sound' real , and you should be able to idetify the difference easily between a car door being closed and a dead body landing on the ground, insted of everthing just sounding like a boom or a thump.haveing 'a thunder clap' tickle your brain( and i say brain because the sound enters either sida of it and start tickleing) @ 12 hz accurately is very very weird and excellent, see if you can find a movie with some good thunder in it!

try it?

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #111 - 02/01/06 at 16:20:27

[quote author=60ndown  link=1137542099/105#110 date=1138803503]the explosions etc will SOUND excellent and be very satisfying, its just that shakeing the couch is not easily done below 172db! would you pour sugar into a quality glass of wine? put 'lengerie' on a beautiful woman? 'spinning hubs' on a ferrari? ketchup on a great steak? good bass is refined and extremely satisfying when deliverd naturally, the in your chest sensation your seeking is an 'abomination' of the real thing.
.....try it? [/quote]

Man, what a list of embarrassing mistakes ...... The best recorded thunder I've heard was on a B-5 episode, (I mean it was real!) but next is the "Sounds of Nature" CDs. I know they're really lame, but they were a gift from some New Age friends of ours at a baby shower and the thunder kicks.

BTW my LFE rig is only theoritically capable of 118dB@15Hz and I've never even gotten close to clipping, but my couch moves plenty when it's supposed to!

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #112 - 02/01/06 at 22:25:39

Yes 60, I will try it. I'll need to go buy new movie though. I've been through all of DVD's searching for what I like to call "ear candy". And am getting too "used" to them. The 2 good examples of thunder I have are #1 "The Day After Tomorrow", a few chapters in. And on "Star Wars III", the THX intro with thunder, lightening and the planet shatters and 'tinkles' down. Both very good.

DirtDawg, I've seen the 'Sounds of Nature" cd's in stores, but have not heard of  a cd called B-5. Those are good ideas. Never thought of actually buying them.  ???  I'm just enough of a nut to go buy some sound effect cds, sit in my cave, and listen to thunder and rain.  My wife will think I lost it for sure.

HEY....Now that I think about it, anybody seen an equivelant DVD of this type of stuff??    Maybe HD??  ;D

Then I can have my eye candy along with my ear candy....

Hey 60ndown, yes I would put 'lengerie' on a beautiful woman.
   at first......... Then I'd ...... um....... Shocked

Bob

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #113 - 02/03/06 at 13:38:33

Just bought (4) of these ....

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=299-028

Thanks for the recommendation, very good price.

Now if only my seating would come .......

Bob

p.s. Guess I'll strap them on my chest til then.  ;)

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #114 - 02/03/06 at 16:28:13

[quote author=Bob  link=1137542099/105#112 date=1138832739]

DirtDawg, I've seen the 'Sounds of Nature" cd's in stores, but have not heard of  a cd called B-5. Those are good ideas. Never thought of actually buying them.  ???  I'm just enough of a nut to go buy some sound effect cds, sit in my cave, and listen to thunder and rain.  My wife will think I lost it for sure.

Bob [/quote]

Hey, Bob,

Before you check the stores for that kind of stuff, try the library. I don't know if I'm alone in this but, our local public library is absolutely amazing after an expansion a couple of years ago. I recently did a number search at the library and they have over 60 thousand disk titles, now. They have as varied a selection of DVDs as Blockbuster does. Although delayed by a few months on new stuff, they're free! For a special effects CD, which you won't use very often, I would certainly look there first.

B-5 (DVD) is a cult followers name for "Babylon 5", a series from Showtime a few years back. It was a Sci-Fi program, which was considered groundbreaking in the areas of cinema-like sound and definition over the air/satellite on a TV series budget. It also had a complete saga, beginning to end, written before it was started, unlike most series productions which watch for viewer polls to tell them what's next. It is a little cheesy compared to the latest big budget movie, but if you are a Sci-Fi fan you should give it a try.

I can't remember which episodes, took place on Mars (in the process of being terraformed) where violent thunderstorms are common. The sound was prety good throughout the series, though.

A stable amp is all you need with your Aura's. They present a hghly inductive load similar to a massive wall of speakers, but the impedance and current draw (someone mentioned Roll Eyes) is predictable. You can probably drive them with the same amp if you are creative with your wiring. Just stay within the recommended impedance capacity of your amp. I wouldn't mix them with speakers on one channel, because of the higher reactance. Put all the shakers on one channel and all the speakers on the other.

On other thing many forget is that the phasing on the shakers is just as critical as your main speakers, and switching it around until you get the best result will be necessary. I hope you enjoy your shakers.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #115 - 02/03/06 at 16:52:11

Yes, I've heard of that show, havn't watched.

The front of the amp has seperate controls for channel "a" and "b" for the two channels, so adjustability should be ok. I agree the sub should be on one channel, and shakers on the other. I found this on Parts Express web site, looks good to me. How about this for the shaker channel?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/series%20parallel.pdf

What do you think?

Library is a good idea, our local one just moved to a huge new building. Judging by the outside I would think the selection is impressive. AND FREE.

Bob

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #116 - 02/03/06 at 17:26:33

Don't judge a library by the bricks on the outside. Roll Eyes
Sorry, my "tic" is coming back. Grin

That scheme looks perfect. If the items (whatever they are) you are connecting with that diagram are all the same impedance, the total impedance of all 4 connected in that fashion, combine to equal the same impedance as a single unit.

In other words if your shakers are 8 ohms each, then a block of four, in a series/parallel arrangement, will be 8 ohms also.
Repeat as necessary.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #117 - 02/03/06 at 18:33:00

I may need to go to "audio" math class. I might be confused, I'm not sure?? Here's specs for the amp...

Stereo: 225 x 2 at 8ohm, 400 x 2 at 4ohm, 450 x 2 at 2ohm
Mono: 800 x 1 at 8ohm, 900 x 1 at 4ohm

Here's the spec on the shakers...

Power handling: 50 watts RMS/75 watts max. *Impedance: 4 ohms

Here's the spec on the Dayton's...

Nominal impedance: 8 ohms (still 8 ohms when wired 'together' ' parallel, I assume)

Now, looking at the stereo specs of the amp, I'm assuming the HWK would be one "side" of stereo, and shakers the other "side" of stereo, as far as the amp is concerned.

So, wire as planned...? Is the max wattage to shakers 225W? And the max wattage to the Dayton's also 225W? If so, all is good for the shakers since max wattage for (4) Aura's is 200W. But then my Dayton's are being starved with only 225W?

Or am I stupid?    :'(

Bob

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #118 - 02/04/06 at 16:21:13

connect the daytons in paralell = 4 0hms. = 900 wrms = you dont need any bass shakers Grin

IP Logged
Rap
Ex Member

Reply #119 - 02/04/06 at 16:38:21

[quote author=Bob  link=1137542099/105#117 date=1138991580]I may need to go to "audio" math class. I might be confused,

Nominal impedance: 8 ohms (still 8 ohms when wired 'together' ' parallel, I assume)

Bob [/quote]

If you wire 8 ohm parallel they will be 4 ohms, in series they will be 16 ohm Grin
So you could wire the daytons parallel and the shakers like in pdf. The shakers would be 2x4 ohm parallel =2 ohm and then another pair in parallel = 2 ohm. 2ohm in series with 2 ohm is 4 ohm again Smiley So now you have a 4 ohm load on both sides.

60 dosen´t have any neighbors any more Smiley

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #120 - 02/04/06 at 17:27:03

If you wire all the shakers like in diagram to one channel they will each recieve 100 w.  The daytons on the other hand when wired in parrallel would recieve 200 w each.

I would do what sixty said, wire the daytons in parralel bridged to the amp, resulting in 450 w a piece, and then get a seperate amp for the shakers, that one in the PDF is like $100.

That would give you the highest output through the daytons, and you wouldn't have to worry about underpowering anything.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #121 - 02/04/06 at 18:52:34

[quote author=Bob  link=1137542099/105#117 date=1138991580]Or am I stupid?    :'(

Bob [/quote]

You're NOT stupid, Bob.
The way I would do it is shakers in series/parallel like the diagram on one channel. You'll have 400 Watts across them ..... it should be fine.

Daytons in parallel will be 4 ohms and you'll have 400 Watts on those, also. They will not starve.

I have never used shakers myself, since I have plenty of shake coming from my 6 - 15"ers bi-amped in the corner, but I have installed a different model for 2 different friends. The shakers do what they want, without getting serious with sound. One guy uses a primitive plate amp pushing 4 of them and he runs the amp into clipping almost constantly on big impact effects. I can tell that something's not right, with the amp clipping, but it doesn't bother him at all and the shakers, rated at 75W, are still going strong at the rated power and the amp clipping like crazy. You will be fine with 3dB of headroom before clipping.

J_ROCK's idea would be great, also.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #122 - 02/06/06 at 11:56:08

Thanks guys, I think I'll go with DirtDawgs way for now. Have been on a spending spree recently, and need to chill out. (havn't told you about the Xbox360 that's coming this week). I assume total ohms could be checked with a DVOM after wiring is complete, just before installing wires to amp or receiver? When we talk about a "4 ohm load", is this a measureable number, or is it theoretical?

Is there an industry standard for guage wiring (output side of amp) versus wattage?  Wondering if I've got enough.... Does it hold true for shakers as well? Could 'Romex' (12 - 14 guage household wiring) be used for speakers? I have plenty and wouldn't mind using it for the HWK since it may end up 30 feet from the amp (30 feet in wiring, not as 'the crow flies'.)

Roll of film is finished, need to have developed. Will show you what I did in center chamber for driver bracing. Would also like to show you a picture of my screen wall.

Sorry to hear about your neighbors, 60.

Bob

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #123 - 02/06/06 at 14:34:46

haveing 900 wrms available for a sub doesnt mean it has to be loud all the time, it means than when a 'demanding' piece is to be played, there is ample headroom to reproduce it effortlessly.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #124 - 02/06/06 at 14:44:33

...... without distortion.

amen

Bob

IP Logged
Wreckinthehouse
Ex Member

Reply #125 - 02/08/06 at 01:27:28

I run 2-dual loaded Hw's with Peavey Black Widows in them. These are used for indoor DJ jobs and I run them on A Peavey 2600 amp 4 ohm bridged. The Compliments never stop and competitors sp-118's cant come close in sound quality. I do have a slight problem though, and it is that i cannot hear when the speakers begin to distort. I'm at the mercy of the speaker God's on this board to tell me if there is a different design (BESIDES A HUMONGUS IMPERIAL) that would serve me better. I await oh mighty ones!

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #126 - 02/08/06 at 05:44:03

as far as i know, the closest decware product to the imperial would be the quad loaded hwk-18 (im not the speaker God you may expect to answer...i'm just speaking from what i've read on the forum).

IP Logged
Wreckinthehouse
Ex Member

Reply #127 - 02/09/06 at 01:04:54

every little bit helps. Has anyone perfected the the scaling for a quad loaded 18" HW?

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #128 - 02/09/06 at 05:52:04

i remember someone said he remodeled the hwk18...but the plans contain it scaled, so i guess you could use them...

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #129 - 02/10/06 at 21:26:17

Four days, no response for reply #122?  Must have been reeeaally asinine question I asked??

Bob

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #130 - 02/10/06 at 22:04:54

Nope, it looks like we all got sidetracked by the HWK vs. IMP thing...

i d k the answer, but do you have pictures?

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #131 - 02/10/06 at 22:36:23

Get this quick, Bob!

Nobody wants to make a statement about proper cabling for speakers on a forum! There will be 20 right answers and everyone will argue about who's more right. So, forget it!

With that out of the way, 12 GA Romex will work just fine for your shakers and your HWK. I have used it for years inside boxes and for short runs.

BTW less that 50' is a short run in pro sound, where the bulk of my experience is from. BUT I usually will run a ~100' run of cable for testing, then replace the speaker cable with a short piece and bring the amp over with a 12 GA cable for power. That's one of the things you can get away with when you don't have to live there, too. Smiley

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #132 - 02/10/06 at 22:36:24

Yes, I have pictures.  Need to reinstall scanner software on Dell machine after the catastrophic failure recently (I created trying to install dual monitor output for projector). Also been playing with new Xbox360. I know a lot of you guys are not into gaming, but you should see todays High definition graphics on a 140" widescreen with an optical audio output on 7.1 surround. It'll make you a kid again. (Which is another reason scanner isn't fixed)

Will scan pictures this weekend. May have to post on Monday at work since I still can't post on this website at home.

(Never posted pic before, that'll be a whole new ...  :'( )

Got the shakers, but seating still not here.... Roll Eyes

Bob
Bye all,  have a good weekend. Time to clock out.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #133 - 02/10/06 at 22:42:42

DirtDawg, .... Understood about the ensuing melee over wire quality... Sorry, .. knew that, .. forgot, seen too many lives lost over that.  :-X

Nice to know I can be a cheep @55 on some cables though.

Thank you
Bob

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #134 - 02/10/06 at 23:12:49

I just think that 12GA Romex will get you 95% of the way to perfection for speaker cables in most cases. To get a couple more % you will need a home improvement loan first. And IF anyone seriously thinks that your fanny can tell the difference between 12GA Romex and the best solid Ag/braided/shielded/WTF fancy cable in your shaker application, just laugh it off and tell the story to your grandkids. Grin

I won't be the first to spill blood over cabling issues!

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #135 - 02/11/06 at 00:13:31

DD is exactly right, too many opinions on that subject for some of us to actually say somethign abou it.

Not to mention I can't determine CAT5 from Gold Cryoed super conductive ultra linear phase coherent spliced twisted pair speaker wire.

The main thing you will notice is where the wire goes though.

I can honestly say running wire in the walls through exsisting 120VAC conduit is a no-go on quality control.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #136 - 02/11/06 at 01:33:41

[quote author=Bob  link=1137542099/120#122 date=1139226968]..... I assume total ohms could be checked with a DVOM after wiring is complete, just before installing wires to amp or receiver? When we talk about a "4 ohm load", is this a measureable number, or is it theoretical? ...... Bob [/quote]

Sorry, Bob, I just realized you asked 2 questions. 4 ohms is real and measurable, not just theoretical, but more properly called "nominal". That just means that since they have to call it something we can all agree to call it 4 ohms. It will only measure an actual 4 ohm impedance at certain frequencies while operating, but it can vary widely at different frequencies.

If you put you meter across the speaker terminals you will not measure 4 ohms. Your meter alone, without some other equipment hooked up also, cannot measure impedance. You will get a measurement of DC resistance, which is usually a little less than nominal impedance. If I was going to make a SWAG it would be around 3.2 to 3.6 ohms measuring with just an ohm meter for a 4 ohm driver load.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #137 - 02/13/06 at 13:29:06

Good SWAG Dawg, it's actually 3.1 Ohms measured at the terminal connectors on the enclosure.

Have pictures scanned, but for the life of me can't figure out how to get them here.....

Used about 30' of 14 guage romex to sub in back of room. Seems to work ok using my highly trained ears lol  ::) Roll Eyes

J_Rock,  what did you mean by ...." I can honestly say running wire in the walls through exsisting 120VAC conduit is a no-go on quality control. " ??

Are you talking about running romex speaker wire next to a 120v romex? If so, I understand how this would be a bad thing.

Can anybody HELP ME get the  :o Shocked pictures on here !!

Thanks  ;) Bob

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #138 - 02/13/06 at 14:24:21

yeah, any time you have speaker wires running near a large alternating current, probably a bad idea, so don't go into the walls next to the power wire.

For pictures, I use Photobucket, but www.tinypic.com is nice.

Just upload the picture from your computer and they will spit out a link for you, copy the one that looks like:

[ i m g ] http://whatever [ / i m g ]  (no spaces.)  
-paste it in the post: that will put the actual picture in the post.

Otherwise, copy the http:// one and paste that into post for a clickable link to the photos.

-JRock

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #139 - 02/13/06 at 14:35:44

[quote author=Bob  link=1137542099/135#137 date=1139837346].......Can anybody HELP ME get the  :o Shocked pictures on here !!

Thanks  ;) Bob
[/quote]
It's actually very easy, Bob. First you will need to have them hosted on a server somewhere. I have used Image Shack before. It's a free service and there are many others available.

I always resize them first to 640x480, but slightly larger won't hurt as long as it's not too wide to fit on a standard page.
Open the host website, browse your hard drive to find the pics, upload them, make a note of the URL, or just drag-n-drop. There will be several options. I use the direct link to the image, unless I need to show a hi-res. In that case use the thumbnail option.

Open a message/reply box, use the buttons above the smileys to quickly enter codes that work with the forum software. Click "Insert Image" and you'll have a set of brackets apppear. Place the URL of the hosted pic between the sets of brackets. Use the preview to make sure it's right. Posting lots of pics from your HD takes a while.

I have used IrfanView for a couple of years for quick image editing and correction when I want fast and don't need Photoshop quality, It's free, too.

All that sounds very involved, but after you do it a couple of times, you won't even think about it. Worst case scenario: hit the HELP button above.
Smiley

MOD: I see J_ROCK beat me again. Can you tell how helpful we all are?

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #140 - 02/13/06 at 14:43:46

How helpful !  Damn DD.

You guys are terrific. Will check out those site. I've seen some that are just horrible / not user friendly. Viewing somebodys pics on some of these sites are a pain. Havnt seen image shack or tinypic. Seen photobucket before. Didn't know these things are free though.

Thank you guys very much...

Bob

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #141 - 02/14/06 at 13:57:01

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #142 - 02/14/06 at 13:57:51

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #143 - 02/14/06 at 13:58:30

god knows how they calculated internal volume  ;)

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #144 - 02/14/06 at 14:13:20

Ok, got an account with "Webshots", uploaded the pictures. I can view them on the site, but they are not 'public' yet for some reason.... Maybe the pictures have to be 'reviewed' before they let they out for the public to see? You know checking for porn ?? obsenity ??

Bob

Does this work for anybody? Should be an album with 5 pictures.
http://community.webshots.com/user/XBobJacksonX

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #145 - 02/14/06 at 21:39:54

Hey, whatda' know, the link works......

Bob

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #146 - 02/14/06 at 22:32:53

Very nice!

For bracing the tw drivers together, what is holding those pieces of wood?

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #147 - 02/14/06 at 23:03:31

bob,
not sure if its the pic, but it looks to me like your end chambers are different sizes?

that wont be good.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #148 - 02/15/06 at 02:36:30

Nice job, Bob!
I like the way you braced the drivers together. You'll have to give us some closeups of that operation. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Since we've already polluted your thread with unecessary blather (THE term of the day!), you need to tell us more about the webshots membership. I've often wondered if it would be worth doing, but I'm concerned about putting their software on my machine. I like to run a pretty clean box.
Tell me why you chose webshots.

MOD: ....... maybe it makes more sense without the typos .......

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #149 - 02/15/06 at 13:15:32

you said you were going to buy the dvc version of the dayton, right ?
the subs in the pic look like the svc version...
the dvc version has better specs if i remember....
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-130 are you using these ?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print