04/16/24 at 13:37:13 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help with my HWK-12 (Read 5136 times)
nathank
Ex Member

Help with my HWK-12
12/02/05 at 20:16:43

I built the HWK-12 a while back but I haven't had much time to play around with it.  One thing I noticed is I placed the center dividers off where they are supposed to be.  The top divider looks to be an inch or so low and the top divider is an inch or so high.  I hope that makes sense, in all the center chamber is 2 inchs smaller than it is supposed to be.  How big of a difference will this make in the end picture?

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Re: Help with my HWK-12
Reply #1 - 12/02/05 at 21:37:08

I've only built one HWK for 8" drivers and tested it for about an hour and rebuilt it adding 2" to the top and 4" to the bottom chambers, leaving the center chamber the same. I was very pleased with the results I got by the lower tuning.

By having your center chamber slightly tighter, you will have slightly less benefit from the center chamber and a slightly lower tuning. The center chamber tends to smooth out the double peak response common to 6th order cabinets.

The overall effect of being off a little, if I understand your question, will be minimal. The two peaks, one high and one low, will be slightly lower pitched tone wise and slightly bigger output wise. Notice how many times I said slightly? Turn it up and enjoy it.    ;D

IP Logged
boydon_lepasci
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/03/05 at 01:58:24

What DD implied but didn't say outright is that if you make the space in an outer chamber bigger with the same port you will lower the tuning frequency and if you make the space smaller you raise it. I'm not sure if this helps any more than what he said so feel free to ignore me.

IP Logged
nathank
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/03/05 at 03:17:33

Hey, exactly what I needed to know fellas!

I appreciate it!  I can't wait to play with it.

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/05/05 at 13:56:39

[quote author=nathank  link=1133558203/0#3 date=1133579853]

I can't wait to play with it.

[/quote]

yea well your like the rest of us guys then Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print