Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 10:06:54 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
help please... WO..is it good enough? (Read 9339 times)
manuelgonzalvez
Ex Member

help please... WO..is it good enough?
11/28/05 at 23:28:15

wll my first post, i0m from argentina...and the question is... im into car audio and recently bought two pioneers TS-W306DVC, and built for them, a 4 CuFt ported box tuned to about 38Hz(i have about 700Wrms to feed them with), so...would the pioneers sound louder in the Wicked one(built as it is said, for a 10" woofer, but building the panel where the woofer sits, with a slight inclination, as to allow a 12" woofer to fit inside a 10" Wicked One box)than in the actual ported box?????

another question...... i do not have enough space to fit the WO (even 36x24 is too deep for my hatchback, I think... i haven't tested yed... but I suppose It Is)....would it be possible to build the WO with a slight declination on the back panel(All the back panel...i mean the center of the panel from side to side would stay the same depth but the lower part would be deeper and the upper on, a few inches shorter....if not possible don't bother too much as i'm not sure i will be able to do this woodwork(i only have a jigsaw, that doesn't even cut straight Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry )and i don't think i'm able to cut angled shapes:S:S  >:( Angry

IP Logged
lunarlab
Ex Member

Re: help please... WO..is it good enough?
Reply #1 - 11/29/05 at 20:08:42

Do yourself a favor and find a tablesaw you can use.  I can only say it once...use the right tool for the job. !!! Kiss The wicked one is worth building if you have access to proper tools and enough space to actually use it.  It is an easy project but a jigsaw is not really the right tool....I am building this smaller wicked one http://lunarlab.greenbtn.com/music/pics/wonehalf.jpg

IP Logged
Learner_UK
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/30/05 at 15:18:40

Well, when i run my WO at only 85W per channel, its good, but not awsome. When i put an 18db gain though it using my Behringer crossover, it gets silly. I got asked to turn it down a few weeks ago by someone living 4 houses along.

IP Logged
manuelgonzalvez
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/03/05 at 12:01:37

[quote author=lunarlab  link=1133224095/0#1 date=1133294922]Do yourself a favor and find a tablesaw you can use.  I can only say it once...use the right tool for the job. !!! Kiss The wicked one is worth building if you have access to proper tools and enough space to actually use it.  It is an easy project but a jigsaw is not really the right tool....I am building this smaller wicked one http://lunarlab.greenbtn.com/music/pics/wonehalf.jpg [/quote]

well thta would answer the second part of my post...but ...before i even try to build it...i 'd like to know if al the effort will be worth, if the wicked one is just a bit louder i don't think i will build it...

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/03/05 at 13:38:16

Get decent tools for the job and it is an easy to build, high output cabinet. Don't alter the proven design plan, just build it right, and it will be way more than worth the effort. I have built 6 of them now, 3 different sizes, and they all have lots of low, clean bass. BTW, the second was far easier than the first and the sixth was a total breeze, half a day project.

If it's too big for your space, try a Death Box.

IP Logged
bigrdub
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/20/12 at 09:43:43

I just built my first WO, if you can get you hands on a good skill saw and a straight edge (a straught board and some wood clamps will work) it can be done but a table saw will save you time and give you better cuts, you don't want to lean any baffles but you can grow it to 14 high to accommodate most 12s my final demensions ended up 37.5x 26 and with 12s I wouldn't suggest going any smaller than 24",I build high sq spl vehicles and I will say this about the wicked one, watt for watt the loudest desighn I have ever worked with, having built severeal 152+ db vehicles this thing with my drivers ( blaupunkt velocity 1000w rms 10") being pushed by a apline 850rms is well in the 150 range, I would say this box is about 8 times louder than a properly built bandpass, 10 times louder than a standard bass reflex and 15 times louder than a sealed but will know tomarrow after its mettered

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print