Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 20:16:45 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
DECWARE CORNER HORN PLANS ! (Read 5649 times)
jj420
Ex Member

Re: DECWARE CORNER HORN PLANS !
Reply #50 - 08/14/05 at 04:14:02

Im so excited, details please, please?

IP Logged
JDW
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 08/24/05 at 00:10:37

Please keep us posted on your progress and experiences SereneChaos. Oh, some pics would be great too.  :)

IP Logged
teepeeworks
Ex Member

Reply #52 - 02/21/06 at 03:40:52

[quote author=nodiak  link=1121200742/15#18 date=1113187395]got the phase plug info  8) [/quote]

Nodie,

Care to share on this?

Take care,

Corey

IP Logged
serenechaos
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 02/21/06 at 08:06:23

Corey
Yeah, it's a vacuum tube.  
Just cut out the dust cap, & the magnet holds it on.  
Kinda like the sockets in yur HDTs.  
Robert

BTW
It does make a very noticable difference!

IP Logged
teepeeworks
Ex Member

Reply #54 - 02/21/06 at 17:45:39

The flux of the magnet holds it on and just the pins are contacting the pole piece? This doesn't seem like a stable surface area but I guess it must be.  :)

Take care,

Corey

IP Logged
serenechaos
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 02/22/06 at 08:03:48

[quote author=teepeeworks  link=1121200742/45#54 date=1140543939]The flux of the magnet holds it on and just the pins are contacting the pole piece? This doesn't seem like a stable surface area but I guess it must be.  :)Take care,Corey [/quote]
Yup!  Just the pins.  
Quite unlike the very solid feeling connection of the socket in the 206s.  
Steve said he tried a socket & it didn't work very well with the 167s.  
They stay in place fine though (unless you bump them); I've never had one fall out.  
I was going to cut a piece of rod, the diameter of the tube,  maybe 1/4" thick, and drill holes for the pins to fit tightly; that would stick better, but so far haven't seen the need.  
Robert

IP Logged
cosmos
Ex Member

Reply #56 - 02/27/06 at 04:24:43

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and add that last week I stopped by Decware. Steve is a great guy and let me listen to some of his equipment and many of his ideas.. My general impression of him and his equipment is extremely favorable. Now, you might ask yourself, OK, but why leave this type of a message in the Corner horn forum? My reasoning revolves around one simple idea. Steve's corner horn setup sounds fantatstic!

I have been in and around gear professionally and otherwise from about 1971. I have been a huge fan of several brands of speakers, but in the short amount of listening I was able to do at DECware, I can tell you that I am extremely impressed by the corner horns. In my belief, it is one of the best sounding speakers I have ever heard. It blows my mind to think he is getting all of that from a single 6.5" driver.. Yes, I will be building at least one pair of the horns.

Steve is a great resource and in every aspect I have seen, he views his equipment with a passion and sense of perfection that one seldom sees in anything.. I have no affiliation with Steve other than immediate and immense respect. He is a true audiophile.

IMO, if you haven't listened to these things yet, you should.

IP Logged
gnat leader
Ex Member

Reply #57 - 02/27/06 at 07:47:13

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the driver he's using in it?

IP Logged
cosmos
Ex Member

Reply #58 - 02/27/06 at 11:51:43

[quote author=gnat leader  link=1121200742/45#57 date=1141026433]Excuse my ignorance, but what is the driver he's using in it? [/quote]

At the time I heard them, I believe he had a modified Fostex FE-167 in them.  Simply incredible. He tells me that there is a better combination as a two way, but I can't remember what drivers it consisted of. I will likely play with a few of my own ideas once built. Such as a two way with a ESS Heil tweeter.. etc etc.

Frankly, I am also thinking that I will build a set of imperial horns as well, even though I never heard those..

IP Logged
Brian
Ex Member

Reply #59 - 02/27/06 at 23:01:29

Everybody needs Imperials.

-"Blanket Statement" Brian

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print