Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/20/18 at 03:37:13 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any experiences with Tung-Sol 7581-A? (Read 145 times)
out-of-step
Verified Member

Any experiences with Tung-Sol 7581-A?
09/08/18 at 18:32:19

Hello. If I may, has anyone tried a Tung-Sol 7581-A in anything and have any opinions or impressions to share? Particularly in comparison to other current 6L6-family production. This isn't for use in a Decware unit (indeed I'm not sure if it's suitable for any) and I understand actual performance will vary, but some traits may transfer and as there's a lot of general tube experience about I thought I'd ask here.

(If unfamiliar with the 7581-A, tube depot offers the following description: "This is not just ANY 6L6GC replacement. The Tung-Sol 7581A is an upgraded version of the Tung-Sol 7581. It offers an impressive amount of clean headroom and boasts a plate dissipation rating of 35W.").

X
WTT + Soundsmith Othello - Schiit Mani - Pioneer 79DVi - Musical Paradise MP301mkIII (S.E.T. 6L6 amp) - Sennheiser HD-600
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Re: Any experiences with Tung-Sol 7581-A?
Reply #1 - 09/08/18 at 18:49:05

Archie and Stone of Tone both have experience with this tube.  You can find comments on their experience with it in their ZMA's here:  http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1414696035/482#482

You may need to sift through a few pages to find all that has been said about them.

ZMA//Zen Ultra//Rachel//Super Zen//Taboo MKIII//PS Audio DirectStream DAC + Memory Player + P10//Muse Phono Stage//London Decca Reference//Dynavector DV-507 MKII//Zen Head//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel w/ tube playback pre-amp//Omega SAHOs//DM946//Oppo UDP-205
  IP Logged
out-of-step
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 09/08/18 at 19:26:19

Ah thanks. The search didn't seem to be working right - a lot of seemingly irrelevant results with summaries starting in "Welcome Guest." Glowing (no bad tube puns intended) praise there for the TS 7581-As. Also some good info in that thread on bias/voltage; will take some notes in case I get into that.

X
WTT + Soundsmith Othello - Schiit Mani - Pioneer 79DVi - Musical Paradise MP301mkIII (S.E.T. 6L6 amp) - Sennheiser HD-600
  IP Logged
out-of-step
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 09/11/18 at 17:00:39

Update: After seeing the impressions here and about, I went ahead and bought a matched set from tubedepot. After arriving here so fast some of their quantum matter may still be in Tennessee, I gave 'em a go yesterday eve. My impressions fully agreed. The amp evidently loves 'em. They appear well made. Daynamics are effortless. Most importantly to me, the tone and detail are rich and lovely, free of grain. Keepers for certain.

X
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print