2018 Decfest (Read 821 times)
jpv
Seasoned Member

Cause inside
everyone is a heavy
metal kid

2018 Decfest
08/21/18 at 22:11:38

I have not seen any discussion started for this years Decfest.
I assume it will be the first weekend in October as usual.
I just want to make sure it is in fact October 5th, 6th and 7th. before I book my hotel room.

Can't wait to see old faces and meet some new.

VPI Scoutmaster, Grado Sonata 2, Counterpoint pre amp and amp (modded by Altavista Audio), Proac sp. and home made subs. Lots of room treatment. Anti-cable sp cables and IC, Decware IC, ZKit 1.
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: 2018 Decfest
Reply #1 - 08/22/18 at 12:10:19

I'm hoping that there is a bounce house at the 'fest this year. I really enjoy bouncing around in them.
Some cotton candy would be nice too. Or deep fried Twinkies's.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #2 - 09/01/18 at 06:21:59

DECFEST 2018 live camera / information page is now updated with this years fest info.

http://www.decware.com/newsite/zenfestcam.html

This year is going to be a little over the top with the new 25th Anniversary Zen Amp, and more than one new pair of speakers!!!  I can't wait to see the regular attendees whom are all considered personal friends, but also the new faces make this event frankly the highlight of my whole year.  Every year has been a notch more impressive than the last from a sound quality standpoint and every year I've wondered how would we ever top last year???  

If ever there was a year to come, trust me it is now.  It's going to be a really good one !!!

For those who don't know, during the 3 day and night fest we broadcast the listening room pretty much live 24hrs a day until late Sunday when it ends.  The page linked above is where the live feed will be.

If there is anyone attending that's into Facebook live videos, please feel free to broadcast the event from your point of view while you are here!  The more the better!

I can pretty much guarantee if you come you will see some UFO's.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #3 - 09/01/18 at 16:53:58

I'm looking forward to hearing all of the new products. And seeing the Monster truck demo derby. A good time for all!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #4 - 09/02/18 at 23:59:22

Woo Hoo !!!  ...  

This year's Decware Audio Fest will be well worth whatever effort it takes to be in attendance.

After having the pleasure of personally hearing the 25th Anniversary Zen amp, I can attest to the fact that there will be many jaws hitting the floor .....

From what I understand, there were even some improvements made to the amplifier after I heard it .....  

Looking forward to seeing all those who have become audio buddies over the years and meeting many future ones.

33 days and counting .....

Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Camelot Uther / Anagram DAC
U-Turn Audio Orbit Plus turntable
AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC / tablet
Decware Model SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles and Alpha bass baffles
WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #5 - 09/03/18 at 02:33:09

This year, and this year only, there will be a second listening room going in a semi-outdoor space going all three days...  Should be interesting.  Trust me, this is the year to come.  Also don't forget we give all attendees 10% off their next purchase after the fest is over, no matter how large the purchase is.

Steve  :)

WWW   IP Logged
lazb

Reply #6 - 09/06/18 at 18:37:06

YAAAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Made my room reservations for all three days! I am excited!

IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #7 - 09/09/18 at 18:31:56

Just a heads up for those planning to attend .....  

http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1536513951

26 days and counting .....

Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Camelot Uther / Anagram DAC
U-Turn Audio Orbit Plus turntable
AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC / tablet
Decware Model SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles and Alpha bass baffles
WWW   IP Logged
Showme
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 09/10/18 at 15:47:28

This will be my first Decfest. Looking forward to it. Does anyone have any hotel/motel recommendations they would like to suggest?

IP Logged
dpie4444
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 09/10/18 at 16:59:52

Hi Everyone! It's DeVon. I am starting to get inquiries regarding accommodations for DECFEST. If you have already made hotel reservations can you share where you made them? Thought it might be nice if many of our DECWARE family were at the same hotel. Of course, our yard is open again this year for anyone who wants to pitch a tent. Can't wait to see everyone!

IP Logged
lazb

Reply #10 - 09/10/18 at 17:24:22

I am here:

Fairfield Inn By Marriott      
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East
Address      200 Eastlight Court East Peoria Illinois 61611 USA
Telefone      +1-309-699-4100

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 09/12/18 at 20:51:14

I am planning on driving out to Decfest this year from Delaware.  This will be my inaugural fest and look forward to meeting other Decheads.  No firm motel plans yet, but looking into options on KAYAK.

I REALLY want to hear the new 25th Anniversary Zen amp and CSP3-25 preamp combination.  Steve already upgraded my CSP3 and I'm looking to add the new Zen to my stable.

HK

Lonely Raven Windows PC (or) TEAC PD-600H>TWL USB/coax cables>ZDAC2 (or) Nottingham Interspace TT w/ heavy platter + Dynavector 20X2LO + P75 MKII phono pre>iFi micro iTube>CSP3-25 preamp>Zen Mystery amp>Omega SAHO XRS speakers> ZenWave Audio IC's & PC's.
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #12 - 09/15/18 at 08:00:39

Guys,

For those who travel to Decfest from the east coast, I am looking for advice on airports and possibly car rentals.  Do most guys fly into O’Hare or into Peoria due to accessibility?

I have been on the Decware forum for years now, and listen evey year live during Decfest.  I have some scheduling hurdles to overcome, but with the new Zen Amp out, I really want to get out there and hear it.  
Any advice/ input  would be greatly appreciated.  

Decware ERR's [Bubinga Wood], Zstage [with Beeswax caps], Zbox, Rega P2 turntable, Velodyne dual firing sub, Yamaha THX SS A/V Receiver
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #13 - 09/17/18 at 02:28:19

If you can get a flight into Peoria, it will make your life much simpler.

WWW   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #14 - 09/17/18 at 08:33:45

Thanks Steve.  I was able to clear up a few hurdles, and just got the green light from the bride to attend.  This will be my first Decfest and I am totally stoked!!  

I am looking forward meeting the regulars on this forum, and  to being blown away by the new Zen amp.  

Having been listening live for the past 4 years during Decfest, it will awesome to finally be there to experince it in person.  

Update:
Flight and hotel reservations are booked!!  

I’m staying at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in East Peoria.  

Dom

Decware ERR's [Bubinga Wood], Zstage [with Beeswax caps], Zbox, Rega P2 turntable, Velodyne dual firing sub, Yamaha THX SS A/V Receiver
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #15 - Today at 03:21:47

Had a gentleman stop by today from North Carolina who has family out this way and won't be able to make this years fest.  He came to hear the DNA2 and the Zen Triode 25th Anniversary Amp.  He comes from familiar territory.  He has the DM947 Monoliths.  He has had a SE84C   and currently owns a TORII JR.  His head is already wired for Decware sound and it was interesting to notice how fast he responded to the sound of the amplifier.  It only took one song.  That's how fast it happens for me as well.  You just know it when you hear it.  His first question was how close to this can the TORII JR get with the Anniversary mods we're working on.  I told him the truth, about half way between where it is now and what your hearing now... which is pretty damn impressive.  It's good enough to own both and enjoy both.  That's the key.  The SE84UFO25 resets the bar so high that suddenly everything sounds... well... less.

Todays demo was at exactly 2:00 P.M. during a work day with less than ideal conditions and the sound was fantastic.  He couldn't find words to describe it... you could tell it was going to take the long drive home to find the words.  

This has been the reaction of literally everyone who has come here to listen to it, so like I told him I hope everyone at this years fest have the same reaction.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print