Send Topic Print
Zkit60 Introduction (Read 681 times)
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Zkit60 Introduction
03/12/18 at 20:05:20

The Zkit60 is a solid state amp that actually sounds good.  The output stage is a class AB mosfet design delivering 60 watts per channel.  Some of you have heard the Zkit60 at Decfest 2017 for a half dozen songs or so.  I've been listening to the prototype and a number of builds into different chassis for about a year now.  The amp just keeps getting better and better the more I listen to it.  To be offered at a highly praised (traditionally) tube shop like Decware is a HUGE endorsement.

The kit is designed to go into the chassis of your choice.  With one of the better chassis I've found also being offered for sale.  The amp can be built on a board, like the Zkit1, if an appropriate amount of heat sink material is supplied for the five flat pack semiconductors.  It can also be built into an old Dynaco 120 chassis and can even use the original Dynaco 120 power transformer (again, suitable heat sink material must be provided).

Lets get building!

Dan

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: Zkit60 Introduction
Reply #1 - 03/12/18 at 23:45:53

Hmmm, very interesting.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #2 - 03/30/18 at 02:20:28

Here is the link to the kit:  http://www.decware.com/newsite/ZKIT60.html

WWW   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #3 - 03/30/18 at 02:46:00

Hmmm, working with tubes scares the hell out of me, but this for some reason doesn't.
I need to finish up some current projects, polishing a aluminum intake manifold for a flat head Ford, building some sort of ridiculous sub for my nephew's car. But after that I don't really have anything except for a couple of speaker projects......

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print