Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
01/18/18 at 00:08:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Christmas present to self. (Read 631 times)
Melvin
Verified Member

Christmas present to self.
12/24/17 at 11:38:38

Hi guys .. new member here. I placed an order a couple of days ago and, of course, the wait begins. I've read about Decware amps for years and decided it was high time to hear one for myself. The amp will be paired with Omega's Super 3i Monitors. Source is a Bluesound Node 2 streaming Deezer HiFi and my own library of music (uncompressed flac). I'm hoping the UFO will be quite a step up from the little APPJ PA0901A integrated I'm using right now. I'm excited. Merry Christmas!

IP Logged
HockessinKid

Re: Christmas present to self.
Reply #1 - 12/24/17 at 12:14:06

Welcome Melvin.

HK

Dedicated "LR" Windows PC w/WiFi>TWL "Discrete" USB cable>ZDAC2 (OR) Nottingham Interspace TT w/ heavy platter + Dynavector 20X2LO + P75 MKII phono pre>iFi micro iTube>CSP3+ preamp>Zen Mystery amp>Omega SAHO XRS speakers> ZenWave Audio interconnects & power cords.
  IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #2 - 12/24/17 at 16:21:15

Welcome Melvin, sounds like it will be a nice system, enjoy.

Torii Jr
ZROCK2
Manley Chinook
Sonist Concerto4
VPI Signature Classic Rosewood

IP Logged
Melvin
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 12/25/17 at 11:30:27

Thanks guys, I appreciate the warm welcome.

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Progress is man's
ability to
complicate
simplicity

Reply #4 - 12/26/17 at 05:20:57

Melvin,
That Zen amp will be a beautiful pairing to your Omega speakers.  The synergy between these two brands is pretty exceptional.  You will find great joy in listening to your new amp through your Omegas.  

Bluesound Node 2 does a nice job with streaming and is also one of the few devices that fully unfold MQA files via Tidal.  

Welcome aboard!

ZMA//Zen Ultra//Torii//ZDSD//PS Audio DirectStream DAC + Memory Player + P10//Rachael//Super Zen Triode//Taboo MK III//Muse Phono Stage//London Decca Reference//Dynavector DV-507 MKII//Zen Head//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel w/ tube playback pre-amp//Omega SAHOs//Monoliths
  IP Logged
Melvin
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 12/26/17 at 13:14:16

Thanks Jeff. I've read of the great synergy with Omega's speakers in general and the Super 3i's in particular. I'm very happy with my Omega's and, while I keep saying I'm off the merry-go-round, I just have to hear one of Steve's amps for myself. I've been intrigued with this approach for some time now and wish I had gone down this road earlier.

IP Logged
Melvin
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 12/27/17 at 12:44:50

So, after reading a bit more on these forums I see an anniversary edition of the SE84UFO has been in development. Seems my timing sucks. Should I cancel my order and wait for the new one to be released? What would you guys do?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #7 - 12/27/17 at 12:57:28

Hey Melvin,

Could be about a year before the anniversary edition is available, and I suspect it will cost 1.5 to 2 times what the current model does. Though that gives you time to save. . . you could have an SE84UFO that sounds fantastic (by all reports) very soon rather than one quite  bit later.

Food for thought.

HR-1,ZP3,ZTPRE,Torii MkIII,ZBIT,ZROCK2,Taboo MkIV;PS Audio:Soloist SE,DMP+DSD,P10,PowerBases,AC-12 pcs,Mapleshade:Dbl Helix+,SamsonV2+V3;CambrAudi CXU;Rega RP3,TTPSU,Groovetracer upgrades,Exact2;VooDoo Cremona +Amati,Iso-Pods;MD90-T SE tuner,Oppo PM-1,Audeze LCD-2
  IP Logged
Melvin
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 12/27/17 at 14:20:57

Hi Lon .. thank you! You've helped put my mind at ease. I suppose I let a bit of disappointment set in thinking maybe I should have read more before ordering. I won't be cancelling.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #9 - 12/27/17 at 14:29:48

You could go either way, but this way, you'll have great sound sooner! Wink Glad you're here Melvin, and now begins  . . . the wait.

HR-1,ZP3,ZTPRE,Torii MkIII,ZBIT,ZROCK2,Taboo MkIV;PS Audio:Soloist SE,DMP+DSD,P10,PowerBases,AC-12 pcs,Mapleshade:Dbl Helix+,SamsonV2+V3;CambrAudi CXU;Rega RP3,TTPSU,Groovetracer upgrades,Exact2;VooDoo Cremona +Amati,Iso-Pods;MD90-T SE tuner,Oppo PM-1,Audeze LCD-2
  IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 12/27/17 at 16:35:35

Hey Melvin and welcome,

Just wanted to add to Lon’s “great sound sooner” comment...

I have a SE84UFO2 paired with Omega S3HOXRS speakers (also a CSP3).  I also have read about the Anniversary Edition and am very happy to see it in the works but it has not caused me to have any regrets about purchasing the SE84UFO2.  

The problem that I am having is justifying the purchase of the Anniversary Edition because of the ‘great sound’ that I currently have, I don’t want to change anything.  But if you can take ‘great sound’ and make it ‘greater sound’ or possibly ‘greatest sound’ (if that’s possible) then, maybe????  But why when I can be very happy with what I have and want for nothing more.  I think you’ll understand my dilemma once you get your Zen amp.

It’s all part of the ‘fun’ of this hobby that I don’t think will ever change.
Cheers

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #11 - 12/27/17 at 16:40:03

I would agree with Lon and JOMAN, the current amp you ordered is an amazing piece and will let you experience the Decware sound and if you get the urge to try the new amp when it comes out than do so down the road. Many of us have started with one amp and tried others in the line because of curiosity and the love of the Decware sound. Some of us here also have many amps and can't part with any of them Wink

« Last Edit: 12/27/17 at 16:41:25 by SonicSeeker »  

Torii Jr
ZROCK2
Manley Chinook
Sonist Concerto4
VPI Signature Classic Rosewood

IP Logged
Melvin
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 12/28/17 at 10:18:16

Thanks guys. I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Something new is always just around the corner and is a chance we all take. Nonetheless, the SE84UFO has a great reputation and I expect to be very happy with my purchase. As Lon mentioned .. now the wait begins. A number of years ago I purchased a ZSB and the wait was about 3 months IIRC. I'm hoping it will be less this time around. Hey, a guy can dream, no?  :)

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 12/28/17 at 16:31:51

Judging from the build list you shouldn't have that long this time.  I'm hoping it's more like 4 to 5 weeks for my ZROCK2.

IP Logged
Melvin
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 12/28/17 at 23:21:35

Hey Archie .. that's encouraging! The list as of December 19th shows 37 new orders. Not bad at all. Anyone know how often the list gets updated? Of course, I realise it's the holiday season. Just curious is all.

IP Logged
ginny
Verified Member

Reply #15 - 12/31/17 at 18:31:45

Melvin,”The list as of December 19th shows 37 new orders”

.....and 2 of which (Dec 6th) are mine, an SE84UFO and a CSP3, for which I am excited to say I have recently changed to a Torii MKlV with a stepped attenuator, beeswax type ll caps and Tungsol KT66 output tubes.

From what I have seen, they have updated the amp order list about once a week, so I would expect you will see your order by next weeks end as they have been on a Holiday break for the week.

When I recently spoke to Steve, he said expect about an 8 week wait.

IP Logged
Melvin
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 01/01/18 at 01:00:55

Thank you ginny! I hope the time frame for mine will be similar. Best of luck with the new gear.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print