Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/16/18 at 01:46:49 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Forte' model 3, Nelson Pass design (Read 696 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Forte' model 3, Nelson Pass design
12/19/17 at 02:22:22

Started rebuilding an old Forte' Model 3 amp a few days ago. Since replacing the power capacitors with much larger ones, a bunch of stuff got moved around inside the amp. Also, the amp chassis had to be made wider. You guessed it, more work than I wanted to do. I ended up making brass extenders to set the heat sinks out about 1/2" . Of course, there is a lot more to do here, but this is where it stands at this time.

PC190001.JPG

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Forte' model 3, Nelson Pass design
Reply #1 - 12/19/17 at 02:24:14

There is some alignment of the brass extenders to be done, and then making rear brass extenders to cover the gap. Then the faceplate will be dealt with.

PC190002_001.JPG

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print