Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
12/17/17 at 11:53:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lonely Raven Dedicated Music PC👍👍👍 (Read 90 times)
HockessinKid

Lonely Raven Dedicated Music PC👍👍👍
12/07/17 at 14:12:13

Greetings Fellow Forum Members,

In a quest to transition from a CD/SACD to computer/DAC set up, I recently purchased a dedicated music PC from Lonely Raven (Eric) to accompany a ZDAC2 digital audio converter.  I think the rave reviews of the latest version of AKM chip equipped DAC's and Tidal music streaming SQ led me to make the move to add these new source components.

After some brief back and forth messaging with Eric, I settled on a PC equipped with a 512GB Samsung SSD hard drive and built-in WiFi.  Eric downloaded Tidal, Roon, Exact Copy, and Splashtop software to the computer ensuring everything was plug in ready/capable before shipping the computer.  He also provided a keyboard and mouse to help complete the set up.

Upon arrival, I hooked up a monitor with keyboard and mouse then linked the computer to my home WiFi.  Enabling Spalshtop software on my Samsung tablet allowed me to remotely control the dedicated music PC.  So I no longer needed the somewhat cumbersome keyboard, mouse and monitor in my listening room.  The whole set up took me about 30 minutes - easy peasey.

After setting up the PC, I powered up the ZDAC up converting the TIDAL (Master setting for highest SQ) to DSD. Well all I can say is "HOLY CRAP".  Lonely Raven's super quiet PC and Steve's new ZDAC2 tethered with decent quality USB cable is producing exceptionally detailed, toe-tapping music through my Omega SAHO XRS speakers.

The SQ of this combination already exceeds my previous TRL modified Sony CD/SACD player by a long shot.  Keep in mind that the ZDAC2 and USB cable have less than 40 hours of burn in at this point.  I expect things will get even better at the 200 hour mark or so.

So if you are a computer technology neophyte like me looking for a GREAT PC sourced music system, consider dropping Lonely Raven a PM.  I highly recommend his dedicated music PC's.

HK

« Last Edit: 12/07/17 at 16:39:24 by HockessinKid »  

Dedicated "Lonely Raven" music PC w/ WiFi>Oyaide NEO d+ USB cable>ZDAC2 (OR) Nottingham Interspace TT w/ heavy platter + Dynavector 20X2 LO + P-75 MKII phono preamp>iFi micro iTube>CSP3+ preamp>Zen Mystery amplifier>Omega SAHO XRS speakers> ZenWave IC's and PC's.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Lonely Raven Dedicated Music PC👍👍👍
Reply #1 - 12/07/17 at 16:55:15

Thanks so much for your kind words! And I'm so glad everything went so smoothly! That was my goal to make these easy, powerful, and as inexpensive as I could - especially for the Decware forum family.  :)

After some further use, if you have any suggestions for improvements, please drop me a line - I'm always wanting to make things better, and I get that what I like and how I use the computer might not be the same for others.

I've sold 5 of these and I'm hoping the others will chime in as well. I'll have a few more built and ready to ship by the weekend.

Thanks again HK - I'm smiling a big smile right now knowing that you're pleased and it's sounding good.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print