Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/19/18 at 21:50:23 

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
25th Anniversary Zen Triode Amplifier (Read 100810 times)
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Re: 25th Anniversary Zen Triode Amplifier
Reply #750 - 10/19/18 at 19:41:43

So, I just put the order for the SE84UFO25!  Now the wait starts!  Am I supposed not to sleep till I receive it?  :)

Upon the tube comments I received here, I asked for the amp to be shipped without the tube complement.  I can always get them at a later stage anyway.  Also, no volume controls for me...  I try to keep it as simple as possible, and I will be driving it with a high-gain preamp anyway, and would like to control the volume from there.

Please keep an eye on the stuff I will be putting on sale on the Classifieds section to finance this.  I will have a TABOO mkIII and a ZBIT on sale.  Also, as time to receive the amp gets closer, my SE84UFO will be available.  Just FYI...

Cheers,

Alper

IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #751 - 10/20/18 at 05:28:45

Alper,

As hard as it may be try to get some sleep now, because you may not be able to after you get it!

IP Logged
pursuitofnow
Seasoned Member

Reply #752 - 10/20/18 at 18:44:16

Alper, pm'd on the ZBIT.

ANALOG: Thorens VN-150, 2M Black, ZP3, ZSTAGE
DIGITAL: PS Audio DirectStream DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2
AMP: SE84UFO
SPEAKERS: Omega Super 3 HO XRS, DeepOmega 8
CABLES: Zenwave D4, ZSTYX
  IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Reply #753 - 10/20/18 at 20:14:06

PM'ed back Jim.  Thanks...

Alper

IP Logged
Acetone
Seasoned Member

4+ years with my
Decware and Loving
it!!!

Reply #754 - 10/23/18 at 15:24:26

Closing in on 200 hrs on the UFO25.
And... this thing is doing some magic on some LP's that I love but, felt a bit disappointed in the LP's engineering. I expected a bigger badder sound stage that in the past just didn't happen to the degree I expected!
So, last night I spin Genesis "the lamb lies down on broadway" and presto change-o & wahlahhhh a detailed big ballsy presentation with awesome bass with details and depth like I've never heard, but always dreamed of....at last!! Also putting a smile on my face were: WAR "eric burdon declares war" &  Savoy Brown "raw sienna". A smile from ear to ear is a pale description of my enjoyment.

SE84-CKC & UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZRock2, ZSB, DM947-(946)Monoliths, VPI-Traveler-2M black. Philips CDR-880. Audio Envy/RAC-PC's & IC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+ Spk wire & jumpers, Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e. Herbies tube dampers, Tenderfoots, GIK, PI Audio, DIY panel
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #755 - 10/23/18 at 15:54:32

Yes, the amps keep getting better and better. All those caps burn in, settle, and BOOM! These amps are an adventure . . . they engage you the way few other components can or will. Each tube, cable, footer . . . that's all like a kaleidoscope. And recordings you thought you knew are no longer the same.

Now there is just not enough hours in the day.

HR-1,ZP3,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SE84UFO3-25th, CSP3-25th;PS Audio:Soloist SE,DMP+DSD,P10, PowerBases,XStream Statemt spk cb,AC-12 power cds;Mapleshade:SamsonV2+V3;Oppo UDP-205;VooDoo Cremona +Amati,Iso-Pods;Aurios;MD90-T SE tuner; headphones: Oppo PM-1,Sennheiser HD800
  IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Reply #756 - 10/27/18 at 11:19:57

By the way, we can use the 6N1P, 6N2P, 6N5P and any 6922 variety on this as an input tube, right?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #757 - 10/27/18 at 15:15:18

Yes! I'm using 7308 in my 25th Anniversary Monoblocks.

HR-1,ZP3,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SE84UFO3-25th, CSP3-25th;PS Audio:Soloist SE,DMP+DSD,P10, PowerBases,XStream Statemt spk cb,AC-12 power cds;Mapleshade:SamsonV2+V3;Oppo UDP-205;VooDoo Cremona +Amati,Iso-Pods;Aurios;MD90-T SE tuner; headphones: Oppo PM-1,Sennheiser HD800
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #758 - 10/29/18 at 14:53:40

You can also use a 6BQ7.

SE84UFO; ZSTAGE; HR-1 SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; AH! NJOE TJOEB CDP; MARANTZ 2226B; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
55   IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #759 - 10/31/18 at 03:17:37

Here is a TIDAL playlist of the songs Steve references in this thread:

https://tidal.com/playlist/7a15fde2-6fbd-4cf9-8741-dbb400361dd5

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, TEAC UD503, DIY Belden ICs, Torii MKIII, SE34I.32, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, Vintage Western Electric 16g Speaker wires, DIY OB Speakers w/Tang Band/Augies
  IP Logged
MrDerrick
Verified Member

Reply #760 - 11/03/18 at 23:55:36

Finally made up my mind and ordered a SE84UFO25 along with a ZBIT to mate with my ZTPRE.
I can't wait to see how well they power my 107dB 18 ohm horns.
The horns only respond down to 170 Hz, the bottom end is handled by self amplified SUB225 bass units.

( Head End Digital ) PSA P300 / HS-210 NASwSSD / PPA SW X 2 / Sonore SSR / Titans Audio Lab Helen / PSA Direct Stream Dac / HDPLEX LPS / UpTone LPS1 ( Live End Analogue ) PSA P3 / ZTPRE / Atma Sphere M60 OTL / Avantgarde Duo Omega / L & R Rives PARCs on SUB 225s
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #761 - 11/04/18 at 00:02:39

Congrats Derrick!  I would love to hear those Avantgarde Omega horns powered by the ZTPRE, ZBIT, and Anniversary Zen.  I can't imagine it being anything other than stunning with the system you are piecing together.  

Those are gorgeous horns and I have always been intrigued by their products, but have not had an opportunity to hear them live.  

ZMA//Zen Ultra//Rachel//Super Zen//Taboo MKIII//PS Audio DirectStream DAC + Memory Player + P10//Muse Phono Stage//London Decca Reference//Dynavector DV-507 MKII//Zen Head//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel w/ tube playback pre-amp//Omega SAHOs//DM946//Oppo UDP-205
  IP Logged
Acetone
Seasoned Member

4+ years with my
Decware and Loving
it!!!

Reply #762 - 11/10/18 at 22:49:44

UFO25 closing in on 300 hours and has settled down to giving day in, and day out, consistent beautiful music. I had asked Steve about upgrading my Monoliths and he said they are fine. He said the ZP3, Zrock2 & Zstage are now the weak links in the chain. Glad he posted the upgrade list.
So, I will start with the ZP3 upgrade first. Then the Zrock2. Zstage will be left as is since system sounds fine without it in the loop. Zrock2 is still needed on those recordings with wimpy bass!!

SE84-CKC & UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZRock2, ZSB, DM947-(946)Monoliths, VPI-Traveler-2M black. Philips CDR-880. Audio Envy/RAC-PC's & IC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+ Spk wire & jumpers, Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e. Herbies tube dampers, Tenderfoots, GIK, PI Audio, DIY panel
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #763 - 11/10/18 at 23:04:03

Ace, yes, this new listing has me wondering how to afford a few upgrades! I think I'll order a new ZROCK2 with all the mods and then use the one I have in my second system. I am thinking of getting my Torii Mk II modded, and then use that in my second system and then sell the Torii Mk III that I have as well and alternate in that system. They both safe fantastic amps but the Mk III should be easier to sell.

And then there's the conditioner. . . . I would like to try one on my analog components, which just happen to total six, matching the outlets. Hmmm. This will spur me to sell guitars and basses and instrument amps. . . I could sell a dozen. . . and still have a dozen! Anyone looking or something in that category. . . Wink

Exciting time for Decware fans! But not for our wallets. . . .

IP Logged
Acetone
Seasoned Member

4+ years with my
Decware and Loving
it!!!

Reply #764 - 11/11/18 at 00:12:32

Hey Lon,

I hear you on selling instruments to fund audio equip. Since starting my Decware journey nearly 5 years ago I've sold a few of my old classics (guitars - acoustics & electrics) that I never took out of the house anymore. Once the band broke up it was time to get some cash for the Man Cave/ rehearsal room / recording room....now, just an audio man cave/ Decware room.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #765 - 11/11/18 at 12:54:01

Acetone wrote on 11/11/18 at 00:12:32:
Hey Lon,

I hear you on selling instruments to fund audio equip. Since starting my Decware journey nearly 5 years ago I've sold a few of my old classics (guitars - acoustics & electrics) that I never took out of the house anymore. Once the band broke up it was time to get some cash for the Man Cave/ rehearsal room / recording room....now, just an audio man cave/ Decware room.

Yes Ace. . . I'm finally readying myself to sell some of my instruments. It's hard! I don't like to part with things and get attached to them. But arthritis is setting in, especially in my left hand, and I just can't/don't play as much as I did before. I have some instruments I'll never sell, but about half of what I have could go away and fund mods for my audio systems. We'll see. I may put a few up for consignment in Cleveland which would save me from advertising and shipping etc. Wish me luck, I've "meant" to do this many times and haven't!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print