Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/22/17 at 12:18:31 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Wanna hear what TAPE sounds like? (Read 2292 times)
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Re: Wanna hear what TAPE sounds like?
Reply #50 - 07/14/17 at 16:12:35

Has not landed yet, but today would be the 5 day mark which sounds about right.  Ill post back when in hand.

« Last Edit: 07/14/17 at 21:54:18 by Jeff of Arabica »  

ZMA//Zen Ultra//Torii//ZDSD//PS Audio DirectStream DAC//Rachael//Super Zen Triode//Taboo MK III//Muse Phono Stage//Zen Head//SonoruS R2R w/ tube playback amp//OPPO BDP-205//Omega SAHOs//Monoliths//PS Audio P10//Ultrasone Signature Pro Headphones//UM Miracles CIEM
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #51 - 07/19/17 at 02:04:52

Steve, et al.,
The tape machine and my Palomino reel arrived today!  Thank Steve for the reel Smiley  

I just posted in the general forum to garner interest.  In the meantime I will create a very simple live Google sheet to keep track of the tour.  I will also do a post in this forum with basic guidelines and logistics of the tour, so stay tuned.  

However, this is our tour and I want to ask about time allocation.  How much time should each take with the machine before passing it on?  It is a balance, as we want people to have ample time to fully experience it, but also want to get the machine in as many people's hands as possible.   My gut says 2 weeks?  I could even see doing 3 weeks but probably nothing beyond that.  

Thought?

« Last Edit: 07/19/17 at 02:25:59 by Jeff of Arabica »  

ZMA//Zen Ultra//Torii//ZDSD//PS Audio DirectStream DAC//Rachael//Super Zen Triode//Taboo MK III//Muse Phono Stage//Zen Head//SonoruS R2R w/ tube playback amp//OPPO BDP-205//Omega SAHOs//Monoliths//PS Audio P10//Ultrasone Signature Pro Headphones//UM Miracles CIEM
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 07/19/17 at 08:54:44

Hey Jeff, I think that 2 weeks is a good amount of time for people to experience/evaluate the sound. I personally don't plan on keeping it longer than that.

Randy

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 07/19/17 at 21:28:17

Thanks Randy (and Stone).  2 weeks it is.  As mentioned on General forum, out of town until 31st, so will get to my listening at that point.  Sorry for the delay, just bad timing on my part with the machines arrival.

IP Logged
Acetone
Seasoned Member

when music hits you,
you feel no pain

Reply #54 - 07/19/17 at 21:45:21

Not a problem...going to dodger game Jul 29...so, Sunday might be first day I'm avail...I'm retired so anytime after the 29th is fine!
Ace

SuperZen-CKC, ZP3, ZSB, Zstage. VPI -Traveler-Ortofon 2M black. Tekton-Lores. Philips CDR-880. Decware-IC's, RAC-PC's & IC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+ Spkr wire, Blue Circle PLC FX2 X0e. Herbies tube dampers, tenderfoots, GIK & PI Audio &DIY room treatments.
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #55 - 07/20/17 at 14:14:45

No worries.....out of the Cities and up in Door County for me.

Reading the impressions (starting in August with Jeff & Ace) the next couple of months and having it sometime in October, will be perfect for me.

« Last Edit: 07/20/17 at 14:28:53 by stone_of_tone »  

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #56 - 07/20/17 at 14:53:54

UPDATED: SVHS Tape Tour List (Preliminary, Informal):

1) JofA/Acetone
2) Linton
3) Bottlehead
4) Stone of Tone
5) Maddog07
6) DB2
7) Lonely Raven

« Last Edit: 07/20/17 at 16:07:16 by Jeff of Arabica »  

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #57 - 07/20/17 at 15:57:33

This sounds fun - add me to the list. I may even have my own Mitsubishi SVHS around here somewhere.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #58 - 07/20/17 at 16:09:15

Done LR! #7

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print