Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
12/13/17 at 22:49:48 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hana Cartridges anyone? (Read 2086 times)
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Hana Cartridges anyone?
01/23/17 at 02:02:03

Has anyone tried the Hana Low Output MC?? Impressions?? I would love ti hear about it. Happy listening, Chris.

Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, SE84CS, Oppo BDP-93, Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Shinnon Red Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Stax Lambda Signature Pro & SRM-T1 tube amp, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Acetone
Seasoned Member

when music hits you,
you feel no pain

Re: Hana Cartridges anyone?
Reply #1 - 01/23/17 at 18:04:30

Hey Chris,  A mile off your subject:
I'm thinking of going with a HOMC cart when the time dictates. But, I do not want to purchase a ZMC to make things right. Has anyone gone thru this process with good success?

SuperZen-CKC, ZP3, Zstage, ZRock2, DM947-Monoliths, VPI-Traveler-2M black. Philips CDR-880. Decware/Audio Envy/RAC-PC's & IC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+ Spkr wire-jumpers, Blue Circle PLC FX2 X0e. Herbies tube dampers, tenderfoots, GIK & PI Audio, DIY room treatments
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #2 - 01/24/17 at 05:27:23

I have never had a HOMC, they have all been low output. Not by choice just the way it turned out. My old NYAL Minuet in A could take LOMC straight in with plenty of gain. Let me know how it goes when the time comes. Happy listening, Chris.

Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, SE84CS, Oppo BDP-93, Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Shinnon Red Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Stax Lambda Signature Pro & SRM-T1 tube amp, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Crazy Bill the Eel Killer
Seasoned Member

Tubes Rule !!

Reply #3 - 02/26/17 at 02:15:09

Hello Acetone,
You don't need a step-up transformer with a HOMC. It will feed directly into a MM phono stage, such as the ZP3, and supply sufficient signal to drive the phono stage to full output.

You only need a step-up such as the ZMC when feeding a LOMC into a MM phono stage.

Cheers,                          Crazy Bill

IP Logged
Crazy Bill the Eel Killer
Seasoned Member

Tubes Rule !!

Reply #4 - 02/26/17 at 14:52:15

Hello Chris.

Check out the Feb 2017 Absolute Sound issue. Andre Jennings reviews the Hana offerings, and is very highly impressed w/ all of them, but especially the SL.

Cheers,                        Crazy Bill

IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/13/17 at 01:03:07

hana sl next on my list... looks like a good one!

CSP3, CAD 120s MKII, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Pulse3, ZP3 jupiter, ZMC1, Schiit bifrost multibit, CEC TL5 transport, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands/947/betsys. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 IC,
  IP Logged
Acetone
Seasoned Member

when music hits you,
you feel no pain

Reply #6 - 04/13/17 at 17:46:12

Thanks for the info crazy bill. Hana looks very good. I am interested in the S -series. But, might still go with the SL and step it up. Saving $ first.

SuperZen-CKC, ZP3, Zstage, ZRock2, DM947-Monoliths, VPI-Traveler-2M black. Philips CDR-880. Decware/Audio Envy/RAC-PC's & IC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+ Spkr wire-jumpers, Blue Circle PLC FX2 X0e. Herbies tube dampers, tenderfoots, GIK & PI Audio, DIY room treatments
  IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 10/08/17 at 03:17:53

Anyone get around to testing the Hana HOMC with the ZP3?

Hana      EH      47 kΩ      2 mV      $475

I am really interested in getting one but don't want a SUT.

HR-1 + Torii Jr. + ZROCK2 + ZP3 + VPI Prime Scout + UberBUSS + TriodeWireLabs Seven/Ten Plus + ASC IsoThermal TubeTraps
  IP Logged
fred
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 10/11/17 at 00:31:30

bumping this one up

IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 10/22/17 at 21:58:35

Ok, I had a great chat with Steve: Hana HOMC is not going to be a good fit with the ZP3. So either LOMC + SUT or No Hana.

HR-1 + Torii Jr. + ZROCK2 + ZP3 + VPI Prime Scout + UberBUSS + TriodeWireLabs Seven/Ten Plus + ASC IsoThermal TubeTraps
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #10 - 11/17/17 at 14:25:31

I ended up getting a cartridge that I have been lusting after for a long while, Dynavector D17MkIII. I is a low output mc with a dam short cantilever and a nice straight lines and allows an easier mounting. Received it a week ago Wednesday, mounted, aligned, balanced etc on last Saturday morning (while Mrs was at the farmers market). I will re-check everything this weekend but the vinyl I played last weekend and all this week was AMAZING!! I had a DV Ruby mc way back in the day but it got damaged by a inquiring 4 year who climbed the wall unit. This cart lays out all the vocal lines like I have never heard. Great tone and detail, extracts a great low mid and bass. Most of all, I have NEVER had a cart this good with our ZMC-1>ZP3>Rachael>Omegas and I have to say it is like getting all new gear. The Decware musicality X 100. More to come as the hours build. Happy listening, Chris.

IP Logged
HockessinKid

Reply #11 - 11/17/17 at 14:52:50

Chris,

Congratulations on the Dynavector D17MkIII.  I have had Dyna cartridges on my tonearm for a long time, most recently a 20X2 LO aided by the Dynavector P75MKII phono preamp.  

It should take about 100 hours for the cartridge to fully break in.  I hope your new cartridge gives you many hours of listening bliss.

HK

Dedicated "Lonely Raven" music PC w/ WiFi>Oyaide NEO d+ USB cable>ZDAC2 (OR) Nottingham Interspace TT w/ heavy platter + Dynavector 20X2 LO + P-75 MKII phono preamp>iFi micro iTube>CSP3+ preamp>Zen Mystery amplifier>Omega SAHO XRS speakers> ZenWave IC's and PC's.
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #12 - 11/18/17 at 15:17:21

HK - Yes I cannot wait to rack up a lot more hours, just thankful that out of the box it sounded so good!! One of the nice things about winter in my area is that more time is spend inside listening to music with family & friends. I am really enjoying how this unravels the layers of instruments on recordings. Have a great weekend and happy listening, Chris.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print