Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
12/17/17 at 04:27:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zen Triode with Spatial Hologram M4's (Read 1970 times)
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Zen Triode with Spatial Hologram M4's
01/15/17 at 05:09:22

Hi,

Has anyone paired or heard the Zen with Spatial M4's?  I would like to hear the impressions...

Best,

Alper

IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Re: Zen Triode with Spatial Hologram M4's
Reply #1 - 01/16/17 at 20:12:00

I believe no one has...  In this case, may I just change the Spatial to Zu Audio's Omen Bookshelves?  :)

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/16/17 at 20:44:41

For about a couple years, maybe more, I've been using a pair of 2 WPC monoblocks originally built in 2008 and updated a few times, with a pair of Zu Audio "Soul" speakers.  This is a very good pairing IMO.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Rich

Reply #3 - 01/17/17 at 20:39:15

I have not listened to the spatial's or the Zu's but with one being an OB design and the other a box speaker they would be quite different.

I'm currently using diy OB's with Betsy drivers.  I have also used Monitor Audio Silver's, which are enclosed and ported.  My room is quite small, 9 by 12 with a 8' ceiling.  The OB's make this room seem much larger.  They have a wider and deeper sound stage then the MA's  On the other hand the the MA's have more pin point imaging.  OB's will have less reflection from side walls because of their figure 8 radiation pattern.  They have more reflection from the front wall behind them.  They need to be pulled out about 3 feet into the room.  I use QRD defuses behind my OB's which helps even out the reflections and gives them decent imaging.

I would love to know how the Sptial's would compare to my DIY's.  they have a great return policy so I may someday order a pair to try. They have gotten very good reviews in the Audio Circle OB forum.

SE84UFO2, Zstage, Schiit Bifrost Multibit Dac, diy Betsy bafels, Bluesound Vault music server
  IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/18/17 at 14:57:10

Dear Mark and Rich,

Thanks for the input...  

Best,

Alper

IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 06/17/17 at 18:23:56

Spatial just recently came up with a model called M3 TRIODE MASTER.  Assuming they announce the specs correctly (*), this looks like quite a match for our beloved low-powered Decwares!

Frequency Response:  32Hz - 22kHz  +/- 3dB in room response
Efficiency:  95dB 1W@1M 16Ω
Impedance:  16Ω average

The company has a 60-day hassle free return policy so it might be worth checking...

(*) I am not sure about the audiophile industry but in bass amplification, the specs are all over the place.  It is impossible to buy something relying solely on the specs.  That should be the case anyway, but there seems to be no common standards of publishing speaker or amp specs, but more so speaker specs.  Let alone the ethics of some manufacturers...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print