05/24/17 at 03:24:27 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Headphones (Read 235 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Headphones
01/11/17 at 16:24:09

So, I'm in the office, on a break, listening to JAZZRADIO and all I've got are these generic headphones.

Help me out.

What can I do to improve my music time at work?  Headphones?  Etc.?

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Re: Headphones
Reply #1 - 01/12/17 at 06:31:42

Onkyo DP-X1 DAP and a pair of ZMF Ori's.  Or your DAP of choice (whether a dedicated player, smartphone, etc.) going into a ZenHead and out to your ZMF's.  Or if you want something more portable on the headphone side, some CIEM's could be a nice alternative.  I love my Unique Melody Miracles.  

I have auditioned many other headphones and a few amps/players if you had a certain price in mind....

ZMA//Zen Ultra//ZDSD//Rachael//Super Zen Triode//Taboo MK III//Muse Phono Stage//Zen Head//SonoruS R2R//OPPO 103 (Modded)//Omego SAHOs//Monoliths//ZMF Omni Blackwoods//Ultrasone Signature Pro's//UM Miracles CIEMs
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/12/17 at 17:03:47

For Headphone listening, that I rarely do now, I use a Taboo III amp and a pair of Audeze LCD 2.2 with Toxic Cables, White Widows balanced cables.  I also have the Sennheiser HD 800 but wouldn't recommend them.  They are too bright for my tastes.  There are mods that attenuate this trait though I haven't done them. Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/12/17 at 17:18:49

+1 on the Taboo.  I've had mine over a year now and love it! ...if you have space on your desk Smiley

ZMA//Zen Ultra//ZDSD//Rachael//Super Zen Triode//Taboo MK III//Muse Phono Stage//Zen Head//SonoruS R2R//OPPO 103 (Modded)//Omego SAHOs//Monoliths//ZMF Omni Blackwoods//Ultrasone Signature Pro's//UM Miracles CIEMs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print