10/24/17 at 03:20:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DM947 ID help? (Read 1195 times)
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

DM947 ID help?
01/07/17 at 16:56:44

bought some speakers last week and trying to determine what i have so that i can work on making them sound better in my current system.
they are way too bright and harsh using my odyssey ss mono amps.

they have claritycap px3.3uf caps, 4ohm marked on driver, and plastic thingy in place of the driver dust cap.

so are these dm946's, 4ohm, with midrange upgrade?

CSP3, CAD 120s MKII, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Pulse3, ZP3 jupiter, ZMC1, Schiit bifrost multibit, CEC TL5 transport, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands/947/betsys. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 IC,
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

"Music is what
feelings sound
like" -Georgia
Cates

Re: DM947 ID help?
Reply #1 - 01/08/17 at 00:48:46

Having the DM946's, I can say that the plastic thingy is the phase guide, aka "Midrange Upgrade."  My pair was purchased about a year about and I believe my phase guide is aluminum.  May just be an earlier design on your set.  

I think you are safe to assume 4 Ohm, but I can't help with the cap question.  Sorry.  

It may be that the mid-range upgrade is creating an intense mid to high frequency shout with your particular amp and room characteristics.

ZMA//Zen Ultra//Torii//ZDSD//PS Audio DirectStream DAC + Memory Player + P10//Rachael//Super Zen Triode//Taboo MK III//Muse Phono Stage//Zen Head//SonoruS R2R w/ tube playback pre-amp//OPPO BDP-205//Omega SAHOs//Monoliths//Ultrasone Signature Pros//UM Miracle CIEM
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print