Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/25/17 at 02:58:30 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tidal Now Streaming Hi-Res 24/96 (Read 975 times)
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: Tidal Now Streaming Hi-Res 24/96
Reply #15 - 01/12/17 at 23:49:13

A new article about Tidal and the Masters collection posted on Audiophile Review.  It tells you how to get  up and running with the Masters through the Tidal app.

IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 01/13/17 at 16:34:45

Hadn't seen this thread until today.
I've been posting some Tidal Masters albums in Lon's What's Spinning thread for about a week now.
Enjoying the quality sound upgrade.  :)
Not sure of my actual sign up date (as soon as it went live in the US I think) but I've been using Tidal just for the ease of use and library access.
No way I could afford to recover all the vinyl and CDs I wish I still owned but with Tidal I can relive my musical history back to the 60's easily.
And the sound is much better than that I've-played-this-record-10,000-times vinyl!

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #17 - 01/13/17 at 17:47:38

Quote:
And the sound is much better than that I've-played-this-record-10,000-times vinyl!

LOL, I've even worn out some CDs! Really, a combination of not handling carefully and the layers possibly deteriorating over 25 years. But still, I have CDs I had no choice but to purchase a replacement.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 01/19/17 at 22:30:49

Dave,

Just got back to this thread.  I use Audirvana to upsample everything to DSD and can't really tell the difference between rips and streamed.  Every once in a while I get a hiccup, but for the most part its pretty slick.

As an aside, I like Audivana now has the ability to level set all your music so no more getting up to adjust volume.  I don't notice any degradation so this seems like a nice add.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 2, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Chord QuteHD with LPSU, DIY Belden ICs, Torii MKIII, SE34I.32, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, Vintage Western Electric 16g Speaker wires, DIY Speakers
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 01/24/17 at 03:26:13

I was reading in another forum that most music streaming services lose money, but it looks like TIDAL may be around for quite a while! Cool

http://www.audiostream.com/content/sprint-acquires-33-percent-tidal#FZyTMYoer5zA...

From the article:

NEW YORK and OVERLAND PARK, Kan. – Jan. 23, 2017 – Global music and entertainment platform TIDAL and Sprint (NYSE: S) announced today an unprecedented partnership that will soon give Sprint’s 45 million retail customers unlimited access to exclusive artist content not available anywhere else.

Read more at http://www.audiostream.com/content/sprint-acquires-33-percent-tidal#w3E2lbzY5ruM...

And just in case you're thinking that sound quality may be brushed aside, there's this from the same press release:

The Sprint-TIDAL partnership comes on the heels of TIDAL’s recent announcement revealing the availability of “Master” quality recordings. A wide variety of content from labels and artists, including Warner Music Group’s world-renowned music catalogue, is now available in Master audio across all of TIDAL’s available markets worldwide.

According to Music Business Worldwide, that 33% piece cost Sprint "around $200M, valuing TIDAL at $600M." If you remember, Jay Z & Co. purchased Tidal for $56M just two short years ago.

« Last Edit: 01/24/17 at 03:27:26 by beowulf »  
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #20 - 01/24/17 at 03:43:27

So um, I have Sprint....I think I'm going to have to look into Tidal now.  :)

Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 03/20/17 at 11:38:29

« Last Edit: 03/20/17 at 11:39:09 by Dave1210 »  
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 03/20/17 at 14:58:05

$39 no brainer for me.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 2, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Chord QuteHD with LPSU, DIY Belden ICs, Torii MKIII, SE34I.32, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, Vintage Western Electric 16g Speaker wires, DIY Speakers
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #23 - 03/21/17 at 16:42:55

Looks like MQA is picking up more steam than I originally thought!

I really need to get back into my digital setup and software. I've been so busy with other things in my life, my listening room, secondary listening room, diffusers, and Audio PC building has come to a complete halt.

Hopefully soon, especially since I still need to build diffusers for Axpona!

« Last Edit: 03/21/17 at 16:44:22 by Lonely Raven »  
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print